Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TT-S front scoops - Light? & who has connected brake lines?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004 | 05:44 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Default TT-S front scoops - Light? & who has connected brake lines?

Im considering doing the TT-S front air scoops.
2 questions:
1) is it worth it to run the hoses to cool the brakes? or does it just look cool to have the 2 holes in your bumper
2) Do i loose the entire fog light (US bumper w/bumperette), what about the small light that remains with the air scoops
thanks
Old 11-13-2004 | 07:16 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

") is it worth it to run the hoses to cool the brakes? or does it just look cool to have the 2 holes in your bumper
2) Do i loose the entire fog light (US bumper w/bumperette), what about the small light that remains with the air scoops

If you track the car the brake cooling helps, however you'll need to remove the bumper cover and drill holes through one of the panels for the cooling hoses. TechArt has a kit that is far better.
You will loose the fog light as the Turbo S lights are really just like a running light with very little candle power. IMHO not a very useful upgrade.
Old 11-13-2004 | 09:16 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

I got much less pad transfer after I did the complete cooling package with the hoses, so I'm sold on it's effectiveness. I did not have to remove the bumper cover to run the hoses. I thought the fog lights were just as dim as the running lights, but didn't do a side by side compare.
Old 11-13-2004 | 09:37 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Depending upon your source for the TTS scoop/light unit, the running light ranges from a very dim bulb of 5 watts or something up to 38 watts, which is pretty bright.
Old 11-13-2004 | 09:44 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

john-
which is the better scoop with the brighter light? where to get? did u do this mod?
btw, thanks again for all the advice the other day.
Old 11-14-2004 | 01:35 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Rob 97 993c2
john-
which is the better scoop with the brighter light? where to get? did u do this mod?
I bought mine from www.BetterBodiesMotorsport.com (click on "accessories"), had them painted by my independent Porsche shop, and installed them myself. Very straightforward. I'm happy with the look and brightness of the running light (37watt).

Originally Posted by Rob 97 993c3
btw, thanks again for all the advice the other day.
Glad I could be of assistance, and I'm looking forward to your update after the mods. You're going need some Botox for the resulting permagrin.

Quick Reply: TT-S front scoops - Light? & who has connected brake lines?