Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Perfect Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004 | 02:10 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

CP, errr... happy birthday! I personnally don't look at resale value, as I would go through a depression.
Old 11-12-2004 | 02:13 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CP
Just a thought. We listed all these items to reduce weight. Would a car with these mods be hard to sell, thus fetching a lower residual value?
CP
No doubt, it seems like most of the buyer want no mods & no miles.

When I had my 993tt, I remember someone telling me, "hardly driven or driven on on the weekends" translates into "driven only on the track". I know...I am steering off topic.
Old 11-12-2004 | 02:38 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

On a somewhat related subject - how do the Hp and Torque curves of the twin turbo and 930 engines compare? I would guess that the power comes quicker with two smaller turbos, so in a way its an apples to oranges comparison.

Greg H.
Old 11-12-2004 | 10:00 PM
sonny1
Banned

Ok guys,
The tranny is from a 96' 2w which I modified with light weight close ratio gears,it has a chrome moly limited slip diff (60/80),the 630 hp. is on the 2wd set up,using 1.2 bar boost, doors I bought them new a while ago from Brumos,I think MS Road&Race at L.A. has some used,they are expensive,but worth it,you can save 60 pounds in each door,hood from Getty design (good stuff),I'll be posting dyno charts ASAP ,the engine ,which I build myself, is a 3.8 ltr.,running with Pauter rods,for low end reliability,it has dual ball bearing hybrid turbos(garrett),dual plugs,ceramic coated pistons,valves & combustion chambers, you'll need to keep it cool so I have no less than 3 oil coolers in the front!,if you keep oil temps below 190F you'll have a bullet proof bullet train! Performance? I will hit 180mph in a heart beat,Jean your right about the cost of all these,I kind of hide the receipts in a place that will be hard for me to find them! For me is it worth it every penny! A word of advice if you plan on doing all these fun stuff,plan keeping the car until your dentures start to fall,the again you can put new ones in!.cheers,Sonny.

Quick Reply: Perfect Porsche?