993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Markups on 993 Turbo's

Old 10-22-2004, 01:13 AM
mdr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I have seen, most cars Premier buy from Ebay, it have been marked up $10k or 20% from purchase price, and I hardly see any improvement done other than detailing. They often seem to call the seller, and try to buy before the auction ends. It will be nice if Premier either do a complete mechanical service from Porsche dealer to justify the considerable mark up or buy some cars other than Ebay ( after all, they must know some other source?) so individual buyers have a chance to get some good deals.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:50 AM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdr
From what I have seen, most cars Premier buy from Ebay, it have been marked up $10k or 20% from purchase price, and I hardly see any improvement done other than detailing. They often seem to call the seller, and try to buy before the auction ends. It will be nice if Premier either do a complete mechanical service from Porsche dealer to justify the considerable mark up or buy some cars other than Ebay ( after all, they must know some other source?) so individual buyers have a chance to get some good deals.
I'm sorry, that is just plain silly. Do all private sellers do a "complete mechanical service from a Porsche dealer" prior to selling? And why would anybody let you have a chance to get a good deal when they can get it themselves! It's their livelihood! And you did have a chance if you would have outbid them!
Old 10-22-2004, 02:01 AM
mdr
Intermediate

most private sellers don't sell at premier prices. are you a dealer?
Old 10-22-2004, 02:15 AM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Drugs maybe, cars no.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:16 AM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

But if someone buys my TT for $85K, I'll be a dealer.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:21 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally Posted by mdr
"they often call the seller, and try to buy befoe the auction ends." you can do the same on ebay.

"so individual buyers have a chance to get some good deals" You can outbid Premier...If you can buy it for less than what Premier resells for...would that be a good deal?

have you ever contacted Premier, and asked if they would sell you such and such a car for x.xx over what they just paid for the car, you were trying to buy on ebay?
I have not bought much off ebay, but it seems like a level playing field.

Being in the auto biz myself....I can tell you this, when a dealer sees a car they want....they step up.and pay the price....usually on the spot.

Good luck in your search, I am sure the right car will show up for you.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:27 AM
nman413
Drifting

Hal, you havent gotten your muffler bypasses yet? When are you going to come back out to the track again?
Old 10-22-2004, 02:16 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Jauder,

Bob will do my annual service in January. At the same time I will do the bypass install. I am also thinking of doing the rear wiper delete since I don't drive in the rain anyway.

I will probably wait for spring for another track session.

I am still missing the weekend gatherings at Bob's house. Are folks hanging out at Devek these days. When is Bob moving to the new location?
Old 10-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Corte Loco
Racer

Hello guys. I'm not trying to start a discussion with my opinion, but I think there's nothing wrong if you buy a car for xx,xxx and then try to sell it for big bucks more. Hey, all depends on who is selling and who is buying. If you can get a gain of 20k for a used car, go for it!!! I respect all the opinions here and I'm not into the used car sales, but if I do used cars for bussines I would be very happy to find a deal like that.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Merry,

I appreciate your post, and agree that folks rarely consider all the costs (and risks) inherent to running a business. If you deliver a truly top-notch and well-sorted product, you deserve to both charge a premium and make a tidy profit. Anyone who does not want to pay a dealer markup is free to search for a good car on their own. This takes time, money, travel,...

Having said that, I'd certainly be tickled if my 1997 993TT with 25,000 miles and $30,000 of factory options is worth anywhere near $82K. Hopefully, you'll be able to get close to asking price on your example and prove me wrong.

I wish you continued success in your business pursuits. I do agree with the others who recognize that you'll gain a lot of respect on this board if you add some sort of Premier identifier to your signature. FBOW, Joe Fabiani (Fabspeed) left a bad taste with many of us with his hidden agendas. Just my $0.02.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:51 PM
nman413
Drifting

Hal, I think Bob is planning a BBQ at the new shop once they are all moved over but I'll let Bob speak for himself. They are however busy moving stuff over to the new shop when I stopped by yesterday to pick up more tires.

What's all this talk of 25k miles? My Turbo just crossed 60k miles recently and loves it
Old 10-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Ruf-Dan-Ruf
Racer

Has anyone ever stole a hard to move car off a dealer at below their cost? Sometimes we all win sometimes we don't.

The price of anything is always determined by what someone is willing to pay for it.

Advertised pricing is exactly that ... advertising.

If it's not worth 80k wait for the sale

my 2c
Old 10-23-2004, 11:00 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I was gonna buy a car form NYC for $65K 96 TT with 9K miles. The lady huffed and puffed about the
PPI so I balied. Premier bought it prolly for $60K and sold it for 89K. thats them!!
Old 10-23-2004, 11:01 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Juader please let me know about the BBQ I might come up if I can make and find a place to crash!!
Old 10-24-2004, 01:36 AM
nman413
Drifting

Well, that's Bob's BBQ I was referring to I dont have one. You are welcome to crash at my place if you do come up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer Markups on 993 Turbo's