Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone done this??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 04:40 PM
mjims
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can the Subaru XEDE unit be fitted to the 993TT?

What are the 'other' options known to members of the rennlist board that do the same as the XEDE unit?

I only ask because if I could get through to Vishnu I was happy to buy one, but I assumed that it would be the same $900 as the Subaru Unit. They have no information on the web about supporting the 993TT and as such no prices listed.

I am shocked by the price and agree that it should not be more expensive just because it's for a porsche.

If there are any other devices that anyone else has experience with, please, please can you help.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:10 PM
seege
Addict
Rennlist Member

This device was installed on my 96 TT a couple of months ago by Viperbob at Devek as part of a long list of mods. Unfortunately we had two underlying issues a bad knock sensor and MAS which came up around the day of the first dyno tuning. The best stock run before the install was 308 whp.First run with Vishnu/Xcede 346 without any remapping.

I wanted to stay with this system but the way things worked out (after going back to stock ecu, diagnosing and replacing the knock sensor and MAS) we went with the Protomotive set-up which I then took to protomotive and he re- mapped for Kevins zero-clearance hybrid turbos and installed a manual boost controller. This essentially allows me to run the boost low for pump and high for race gas. K-24 is right about the race gas use. If you dont use it and compensate(up) the boost you are leaving a lot of power on the table.

I am very satisfied with this set-up and occasionally terrified.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:54 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

There are no Xede units available at this time for 993TT models. We have been working with Vishnu on some potential programs for a future product, but that is not a current reality. It was a little premature of Vishnu to discuss this as we have only tested a couple of cars, and still have numerous issues to work out. Initial results do seem promising, but it is the details that will kill you (like idling, cold start, warm start, AFRs, etc, etc...)
Old 09-23-2004, 01:31 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Seege

I heard you have a scary car Maybe dumb question, but when you say protomotive setup, what do you mean exactly? is it the ECU remap and EBC or is there something more included, as you are not using Protomotive's turbos. Did you get a chance to dyno your car after Todd's work on it?

A gain of 40 hp with the xede and without any remapping is amazing, I wonder what makes this happen. Don't the AFRs, timing etc.. need to be remapped when it comes off-the shelf before you can see any gains?.

Thanks
Jean

Quick Reply: Has anyone done this??