Sponsored by:

Auxiliary oil cooler

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 03:48 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually Bob I have decided to go with a full carbon fiber front end.
this way when I design it I can make all the scoops do what I want.
Should only be $50-60K but I will save money on the oil cooler!
Old 07-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Save your money on the Turbo S cooler...

...is about 20% of the size of a stock 993 right fender cooler…don’t expect miracles. The Cargraphics unit that Kary at Group9Motorsports had a group buy on about a month ago is the best solution overall…don’t take my word for it, ask Steve Weiner, ask Viper Bob, ask Kary how his car ran at Cali Speedway recently with 30 minute run sessions…cool is the word I am looking for. When I have some spare change, I am getting the Cargraphics and selling off my Turbo S cooler. I think I already have a buyer…it is (I forgot) but I will remember.

Old 07-06-2004, 12:43 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Martin I dont doubt the Cargraphics is the best solution. But I dont think its the most cost effective solution. Right now I think that twin coolers(the twin tank design Not the tube thru like the S cooler is) in series one in each scoop with turbo S ducts to provide cool air to the stock cooler and the AC condenser is the best cost effective way to do it. Also RUF has a cargraphics-like design that is haf the cost of a cargraphics. $2K for a $150 oil cooler core is outrageous. But until lately there was no competition.
You can see the RUF one at the Weissach web site.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to update on my twin cooler install - my wrench who has been designing this system and assembling the bits needed to make it work feels like he will be finished by weeks end. Of course when he is finished we will see the results. I do believe this is a cost efficient (under $1000) as well as effective solution. I am also having turbo S ducts installed to increase air flow over the coolers. My wrench will be modifying these to maximize air flow. I will follow up with results for those that are interested
Old 07-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Oil Coolers....

"Old Guy", who by the way is not that old, provides good insight. Cargraphics is expensive...but it works. If there is a better solution, great.

Quick Reply: Auxiliary oil cooler