Sponsored by:

Glass out repaint… full color change

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 03:38 PM
oufan2929
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Glass out repaint… full color change

Bought a really clean RUF Turbo R conversion car. It’s gonna be a long term keeper. I’m not in this for resale value. Just want to build my ultimate 911 and the RUF Turbo R is a good starting point. It’s currently a navy blue color. Wanting to do a glass out repaint in PTS Smyrna Green. Who is the nations go-to for this? Quality is important, and equally important is turn around time. I don’t want this to turn into a 12-18month project. I’m ok with 2-3 months, and will pay a premium to do so. I want someone that is efficient with such a job…

Also, will want someone to do interior as well. I have authentic RUF seats on order along with everything else the car lacks in the interior. Want everything to compliment the new PTS green exterior.

Is there someone that can take on this commission in its entirety? I’m not opposed to using separate companies, and the convenience of doing it all together is awesome. Could see it turning into a 3-4month process. But again, willing to pay a premium for efficiency. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2024, 04:34 PM
racer959
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 161 Posts

Gunther Werks. You said money is no object
Old 05-24-2024, 05:40 PM
oufan2929
Track Day

Originally Posted by racer959
Gunther Werks. You said money is no object
they only do full builds, and I didn’t say money is no object lol
Old 05-24-2024, 09:42 PM
scosurf
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Ruf

Contact Miami Ruf
they can arrange a full tirboR “refresh”
I have thought of this but wife would kill me
send me ur email and will send details
bob
Old 05-24-2024, 09:45 PM
scosurf
Racer

Default Ruf

Your Turbo R conversion sounds like an excellent car, but as you mentioned, you may be interested in having it refreshed with a new chapter in life.

I believe that sending it back to Pfaffenhausen to have your 993 updated and fully converted to a newer Turbo R rendition is an excellent way to keep the vehicle's provenance and get more enjoyment out of it.

Through the reintroduction of the full conversions we are doing for a very limited time on 993's, we would be able to take your car and have you relive the experience of ordering an air-cooled build, through us, with your vehicle.

Thanks to updates in today's technology, we are able to take your vehicle and create a 550 horsepower 993 with our iconic integrated roll cage, updated aerodynamics, increased structural rigidity, and we are able to tailor your build to make it bespoke to your liking.

Attached in this email is a pamphlet that goes over some more details of the pricing on our Turbo R conversion program. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know as I would be more than happy to help you create something incredibly special for your collection.

I will also stay in touch with you in regard to our grand opening so you can plan to come down to Florida and see our newest facility
Old 05-25-2024, 09:17 AM
oufan2929
Track Day

Originally Posted by scosurf
Your Turbo R conversion sounds like an excellent car, but as you mentioned, you may be interested in having it refreshed with a new chapter in life.

I believe that sending it back to Pfaffenhausen to have your 993 updated and fully converted to a newer Turbo R rendition is an excellent way to keep the vehicle's provenance and get more enjoyment out of it.

Through the reintroduction of the full conversions we are doing for a very limited time on 993's, we would be able to take your car and have you relive the experience of ordering an air-cooled build, through us, with your vehicle.

Thanks to updates in today's technology, we are able to take your vehicle and create a 550 horsepower 993 with our iconic integrated roll cage, updated aerodynamics, increased structural rigidity, and we are able to tailor your build to make it bespoke to your liking.

Attached in this email is a pamphlet that goes over some more details of the pricing on our Turbo R conversion program. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know as I would be more than happy to help you create something incredibly special for your collection.

I will also stay in touch with you in regard to our grand opening so you can plan to come down to Florida and see our newest facility
As much as I’d love to do the carbon body, integrated roll cage, etc, I have sought out the cost and it’s not quite worth it to me. My engine is fresh (rebuilt by a previous RUF veteran) along with suspension and brakes. Really just need paint and interior to make it exactly what I want! Looking to spend sub $100k. Not over $600k
Old 05-25-2024, 10:16 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 611 Likes on 262 Posts

Give Canepa a call, though I doubt you'll have much luck jumping the cue by waving money at him.
Old 05-25-2024, 11:06 AM
scosurf
Racer

Default Ruf

Yup a full Ruf refresh is not for the faint of heart
I m in similar TurboR black black and thought of a re paint Mexico blue with interior tweaking
family voted on retain original paint black black but have considered a full body wrap
preseves original paint but gives a temporary refresh look
b
The following users liked this post:
oufan2929 (05-25-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 07:58 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by oufan2929
Bought a really clean RUF Turbo R conversion car. It’s currently a navy blue color.

Are you the new owner of this one?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911-turbo-143/

It looks like a great car . . . Good luck . . .

Last edited by Cemoto; 05-26-2024 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-26-2024, 09:41 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds like a nice car and a fun project!

Just my 2 cents but if you want to change the color with paint and not a wrap, to do it properly, the car should be completely stripped down. Your current dark blue paint will be in the engine compartment, interior and frunk. I just finished doing this on an my early 911. Most shops will require at least a year to do this. My car took many years

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Old 05-27-2024, 11:31 PM
oufan2929
Track Day

Originally Posted by Bradford
Sounds like a nice car and a fun project!

Just my 2 cents but if you want to change the color with paint and not a wrap, to do it properly, the car should be completely stripped down. Your current dark blue paint will be in the engine compartment, interior and frunk. I just finished doing this on an my early 911. Most shops will require at least a year to do this. My car took many years

Please keep us posted on your progress.
yea, I’ll want it done right. Your story is exactly what I’m trying to avoid!! I’ve got a Ford GT going on over two years at a shop… over it.
Old 05-27-2024, 11:32 PM
oufan2929
Track Day

Originally Posted by Cemoto

Are you the new owner of this one?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911-turbo-143/

It looks like a great car . . . Good luck . . .

yes, thanks. Mechanically is perfect. Had so much work done to get it here. Now I just want cosmetics to follow suit…
Old 05-28-2024, 10:50 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 727 Likes on 383 Posts

Your project looks fun

sent you a PM

we did this soft restoration and transformation was amazing. Original seller couldn’t believe it, and wanted to buy the car back

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...formation.html

Your project would be similar but we’d also be doing interior and engine compartment as well

Along the way, we’d preserve what we can, replace what needs replacing, and basically make what’s in your imagination, a reality 👌

Last edited by MoeMistry; 05-28-2024 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:59 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by scosurf
Contact Miami Ruf
they can arrange a full tirboR “refresh”
I have thought of this but wife would kill me
send me ur email and will send details
bob
funny i am in he process of doign the full turbo R refresh now with Ruf Miami
Old 05-28-2024, 10:00 PM