Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which to buy, testarossa or 993 turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 10:10 PM
scott63
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Anir
Scott,

Are you sure that you're not a car salesman? Your posts resonate of salesman speak. You know, like "You look like a 12-cylinder man to me" and "PM me if you want a lead on the best maintained Testarossa in existence".

BTW, I like 12-cylinder Ferraris, and the "lesser" 8-cylinder ones "do" plenty for me, as well.
If you have owned a Ferrari you would know what I mean... Two different sets of buyers. Ask any Ferrari dealer....
Old 06-01-2004, 10:13 PM
scott63
Intermediate

Originally posted by Careener
Look for the old bait and switch..."I'm fresh out of Testarossa's BUT, since you're looking for a red car, I've got a great 993TT for you!" Half the cylinders and only twice the price.
According to you, the a 993TT is so much better anyway, it would be worth double. BTW, the car is sold.....
Old 06-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Careener
Instructor

Congratulations!
Old 06-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by scott63
If you have owned a Ferrari you would know what I mean... Two different sets of buyers. Ask any Ferrari dealer....
Scott,

You never answered the question. Are you a dealer / car salesman - as a secondary job if not the primary?
Old 06-01-2004, 11:01 PM
scott63
Intermediate

I wish I was but I am not. I have always loved cars and always wanted to own my own dealership. Hopefully in a few years I will open a high line used car dealership that does what BayState Motorsports, Premiere Sportscars, High Marques, etc. does but provide a higher level of service and better quality cars.

I currently own 5 cars and I am a collector. In the past 12 months I have bought and sold another 6 cars. I focus mostly on Ferrari's and older Corvettes (mid-years). Had several Bloomington Gold/Top Flight vettes.

I like to drive as many different cars as I can, it helps me to be better able to differentiate between them.

I am also an avid real estate investor and the cars come and go as various properties come up. I focus primarily on residential devlopment and occasionally small commercial properties (self storage and strip malls).

Quick Reply: which to buy, testarossa or 993 turbo...