Sponsored by:

Paint Protection Film

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 03:22 PM
dmurillo
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Protection Film

Been using a black leather bra up front and want to replace it with a clear paint protection film. Also have the original rear fender film that has yellowed and want to replace that. Any recommendations on companies/type of film to use? I'm in the Kansas City region.
Thanks!
Old 08-06-2023, 03:25 PM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by dmurillo
Been using a black leather bra up front and want to replace it with a clear paint protection film. Also have the original rear fender film that has yellowed and want to replace that. Any recommendations on companies/type of film to use? I'm in the Kansas City region.
Thanks!
Long Story.------My car currently has a full cover ppf treatment besides roof. I like Xpel, Stek, LLumar (Valor) for products warranty for their better lines are 10+. I've got Stek on the car now and really like the clarity and i put the Xpel on my S4 so i have recent installs to look at the difference. Xpel to my eyes have slightly more orange peel. HIGHLY recommend Fister's replica rear fender protection, most places have the template, but only the 7-8 mil material. Darin has 14mil as i recall and is much clearer than porsche replacements, even today. bought both to compare

I didn't want a bulk install (read need to cut to fit on the car) and used Xpel's plot designs for my car with the Stek film the result was some poor fitment areas around the top of the lights due to the way their plot design worked and they were the only software that had 993 plot cuts. My installer reached out to Llumar (Valor ppf) who has their own software (Core) and they are 3D scanning my car next week to get the final fit better than Xpel's plot designs and no one has the Turbo s or regular turbo wing as a plot. Core has been ramping up all older 911's according to recent surge in requests to have it in their software. The benefit of a really good plot cut is very repeatable for damage replacement and the aforementioned risk of a blade hitting the paint. there are very good shops that can do bulk jobs, don't get me wrong, but after doing some clean up to the front end of the car and getting the door stop bracket fixed properly didn't want to add risk to the equation. The net is, if you wait a few weeks there will be a better fitting plot kit out there. When i stopped by on Friday they were just finishing up a 1of1 murcielago in Orange over orange, they are doing a bunch of cars my installer has access to.

Last edited by rlme36; 08-06-2023 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:49 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 176 Posts

To become an educated consumer of PPF or wraps, check out the Wrap Institute. Major cost is labor, don't scrimp on material.
The following users liked this post:
ronnie993tt (02-02-2024)
Old 01-31-2024, 11:50 PM
OhChute911
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.ceramicprowestkc.com is the local KCRPCA sponsor and does PPF.

Quick Reply: Paint Protection Film