Sponsored by:

1996 993 Turbo For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2022, 09:20 PM
Essexmetal
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1996 993 Turbo For Sale

Guys, been a long time since I have been active on the site. Been a while I have used my turbo as well. What fun it was back in the day when I was converting the car sharing and learning from the group.

Time has come to sell the car. It has been parked since the covid shut down. 3 plus years. I have attached a list of content. There are a ton of great components on the car and the price is reflective of that more than what turbos are selling for these days. The car biggest down side is that is it sold on a bill of sale with a California salvage title. Had it 16 years and enjoyed every moment behind the wheel. It is has 16 years of being sorted and is guaranteed to put put a smile on your face. Let your friends know about it since you all ready have one. Not much more money than a Bring a Trailer Carrera 3.2.

Was built from a fresh water flood car 16 years ago. No lasting issues from the water, any issues would have shown up by now. Spent 5 years in stock trim then a repaint and built to 3.8.

The car is sold with a bill of sale and California salvage title.

This car has sat for three years unused. Since Covid shutdown I have not done any track days. It is built in the theme of what Porsche would have done if they offered a Turbo RS model. The seats are terrific for sporty use but with older joints, not exactly an elegant car to exit. The car runs very strong. It has enough torque to short shift it around 6-6500 with no loss of pull, so the motor has an easy life especially since the internals can handle 8K all day. Even with adjustable boost I seldom take it over 10 lbs. That is plenty of power for the chassis and the current driver. The tune is spec'd for 650 hp.
It has been converted to RWD. Sunroof delete. Rear wiper delete with non wiper glass (no hole). It has 57000 miles with the major rework taking place at 50,000. When the term new is used it is from this mileage. Approximately 700-800 miles per year since 2012.
The front has chips and track rash. The rear bumper has a crack on the lower portion.

Powertrain
Mahle Motorsport 3.8 slip in barrels with matching motorsport turbo pistons.
Elite twinplug cylinder heads, flame ringed. Besides the larger valves these heads are solid at the cylinder flange. They are cast that way as opposed to the common practice of welding that area on a standard head. There is a complete extra set of new valves and springs.
Web RS cams running on new stock hydraulic rockers.
Pauter Rods with Calico coated bearings.
Dual Ignition. 964 twincap distributor.
Bigger injectors / fuel pressure regulator.
Protomotive tuned 1997 993 Turbo ECU
Custom KKK turbos with Porsche Motorsport internals. No mufflers, no cats, right off the turbos and straight out the back.
LWF and HD Sachs Motorsport Clutch. Solid engine / trans mounts.
Power clutch slave removed replaced with a GT3 manual slave.
RS style short shifter
Single poly V belt fan drive.
Stock turbo gear ratios with a Guard internals in the stock LSD. Trans rebuilt at 50K
Stock turbo fender oil cooler in series with a front center mounted cooler. Center cooler ducted into the area where the spare tire used to go.

Chassis
Bilstein PSS 10’s with adjustable bars.
993 Evo front uprights and steering links.
Stock front brakes, 993 GT rear calipers. Braking is very well balanced.
996 turbo twists (11” rear) on Faulken 660’s.
ABS is the only driver aide.

Interior
Recaro Wide fixed back seats.
Scroth 6 point harnesses. Passenger side pretty much unused. Both sets are dated out. Single hoop roll bar with integrated harness bar.
RS Door panels, rear seat delete.
EGT and AFR data readouts in custom tach screen.
Air conditioning functional. Heat supply only attached to exchangers for fall track use.
Stock CDR 220 with 6 disc trunk mounted changer. Rear speakers only. Not a great sound system.

Body
Front and rear RUF style “bumpers” aftermarket.
993 Turbo S rear wing, aftermarket.

No longer an all wheel drive, leather interiored, look at me car but if you want to experience what a top performance air cooled 911 can be this could be the car for you. Very, very presentable but not a Qtip car.

Car is located in Novi, Michigan.
$130,000.

The following 2 users liked this post by Essexmetal:
CGT000 (11-08-2022), sfbanchs (11-08-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 10:05 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

good luck i remember when you bought my short shifter years ago. hope you get your asking
Old 11-14-2022, 01:41 PM
993Godspeed
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I think it's a lot of car for that price. Someone will get a great deal. Best of luck!
Old 11-15-2022, 09:37 PM
Essexmetal
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Guys, I will miss the right pedal but is time for someone that is better equipped to the pay the tickets to experience it. Surprisingly other than tires and fuel that is all the money you need to spend on it. Compared to all the repairs to keep my RS6 running the 993 needed nothing.
Old 11-19-2022, 01:47 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Rick!
I haven’t been as active recently but occasionally check in. Yes fun back in the day!
I’ve been busy with other cars. And although I drive my turbo, haven’t been to the track with it since Covid - and only been once since Covid (took the nsx to area 27). Planning on getting back into it next season, but, it might be an age thing or re-evaluation of risk/benefits, don’t think I have the drive to be the fastest anymore... Doing timing belts on the 308 this weekend…
Good Luck with that sale!

Ryojo

Quick Reply: 1996 993 Turbo For Sale