Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know anything about the 97tt at Rocky Mountain Motorsports?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 06:18 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know anything about the 97tt at Rocky Mountain Motorsports?

Any info appreciated, about the dealer or car.

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:15 PM
WildWillard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stedge -

I have seen the car, actually sat in it. Car looks like a 9 or so, dealer is smoking something based on the price they had it listed for when I saw it nearly 6 weeks ago. He said something like 'this is the best priced TT out there - out of 9 cars he found' when I knew of over 20 on the market and his was near the top in terms of price.

They are down the street from me, so if you'd like any better/more details, let me know.

Doug
Old 05-03-2004, 10:43 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

yes the ask is crazy. but they will sell it for far less, already looked into that. it will go for 69-70. Dealer is into it for 68.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:44 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

btw - thanks!
Old 05-03-2004, 10:46 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Stedge, I would going in on this one
by telling the dealer that it is a difficult
sell for resale becasue of the interior color.
you are interested but turned off by the color
you would take it IF the price is right. I would try
to get this one in the low 70's. Pending PPI of course.
Also tell them wood is not a big seller.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:57 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

price is already 70-71, and i think 69 is possible.

yeah, color is the issue, but red in photos and in real life may not be the same......

this search is wearing real thin, i tell you.

there is what appears to be a nice 96 w/25k miles, arena red, for 61. That one has also piqued my interest...

probably will turn out to be some story, though...
Old 05-03-2004, 11:07 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Stedge then you are on track. It also sounds like
you got the pricing thing right. I would jump all over
the arena red one too, nice price nice color
what is the interior color and options.
25K is not many miles
Old 05-03-2004, 11:22 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

nothing major options wise on the arena red except sport seats, which i like a lot.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:10 AM
tlark
Drifting

I think the car in Denver has been on the market for at least 2 months. The ArenaRed you speek of, I assume were talking ebay. Happen to see whom is bidding on that one and another one too. Willoitt (sp) aka Premier out of Springfield, MO. I'm looking too, but havn't found the right car. When I saw the interior of the in in Denver.....$72k no way!

It is hard being patient! Good luck.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:36 AM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yeah. I know. The red interior could be an issue. And why 2 months? If they are willing to deal, what is the story? Or is it just that the ask scared most folks away (it is absurdly high)?

I called the seller re: the one on EBAY yesterday. Sounds like they will sell out of auction - which has its own issues, of course - but with a clean PPI 60-1 sounds reasonable. Notice reserve is met by Willhoit at 59,2 (last I checked). Not being sold by a car salesman - at least that is the story.

It is all timing.

Unfortunately, I have not seen a tt for sale in NC - though Bill(NC) somehow found one!!. It would certainly be nice to find a local one and get to check it out personally.

BTW - if Willhoit gets it it will go on his site for mid 70s.

Given the way insurance companies are humping the medical profession, maybe it would be better to buy and sell cars?...
Old 05-04-2004, 01:06 PM
WildWillard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stedge -

Which colors are you looking for?

I saw a medium mileage (30 -50, can't remember exactly) Blk/blk one for low 60's on Autotrader - I think it was in the east.

I think the reason the one at RMAutosport is not sold is the red interior, the wood trim and the initial price.

There was a blk/blk one w/19k here in Denver as well a little while ago, the guy was trying eBay starting at $68. Supple leather, phone console, pretty much bone stock. Not sure if it is still for sale.

Doug
Old 05-04-2004, 03:08 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

The black one in Autotrader is in MA. Looks pretty reasonable. Also re-thinking one that Dave Maynard has, also black/black. More options that I like, but I still have questions about the history. ZCAT's car sounds good, frankly, but I think that his price is too high for me.

Basically, color really is secondary to me. The condition and history/records/care are most important. That said, and all else being equal, I like ocean blue and slate gray, then black and silver and arena red all about equal. Not sure about white. Not a guards red guy. And absolutely not yellow. Interior color - I am open. Like gray and black, blue, and cashmere/tan.

I like the sport seats (have them in my C4S). They are comfortable for me, and I think they look good, too. Not a deal breaker, but a preference.

I'm not into wood or CF. Given the choice, would prefer better springs/shocks or PSS9, or extra oil cooler, s ducts up front, over fancy interior options.

Prefer no prior paint, though I am thinking a front end respray is no big deal as long as it documented and done well.

If I am going to pay at the high end, the car should be mechanically and cosmetically superior - ieerfect. I have seen some cars at the high end pricewise, and none are quite there cosmetically. For a much better/lower price, I will take more miles, road rash, etc. But no negotiation on the history. Has to be clear what has been done and when. That seems tough to find.

Frankly, I would prefer a car I can use every day, and not worry about road rash or whatever. I want to drive it, not just look at it.

Perhaps I am too picky. Perhaps my expectations are not in line with what is available - 60k cars so far have not panned out. And 80k cars have not seemed worth it - for a moderately larger sum (than the difference between my car and an $80-85k collector's tt), I could send my car to RUF (already got the prices).
Old 05-04-2004, 04:00 PM
mdd
Instructor

Hi Stedge,
There is an Arena Red '96 avalable in Roanoke. I almost bought it 2 months ago but the CEL came on during the test drive. By the time they figured out that it had a bad sparkplug wire, I had already made a commitment on another one. It had just over 40K miles, new brakes, rotors, and back tires. Clutch at 35K. It had a ding on the lower part of the right door and several stone chips on the front but it would make a great everyday car. You should be able to get it for a good price. I talked to the owner several times and he seems to be a very honest and agreeable guy. He just doesn't need the car anymore.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:05 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

It sold before I found it, but thanks. I think it went for 60.

Really appreciate the info, though!! Thanks!
Old 05-04-2004, 11:00 PM
kevin930s
Instructor

Im looking for one too. Im trying to stay in the mid 60s as this will be a daily driver. Any help is much welcome
Good Luck to all that is looking.

Quick Reply: Anyone know anything about the 97tt at Rocky Mountain Motorsports?