Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 96TT should be here this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 03:40 PM
MichaelM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default New 96TT should be here this weekend!

Well, I have been looking on this board for quite some while, and this is my first post. I have been wanting to buy a 993 TT for about the last year and a half, but never made the move, never had even drove in one until about a month ago (Thanks ca993 twin). I currently drive an e46 M3 that I absolutely love, but have been drooling over the 993 twin since it made its debut in 96. Now, it seems that I can afford one, and as much as I love my car, once Steve gave me a ride in his, can you say SOLD!! Of course since I am a total can nut, I have already spent like $6,000 in upgrades. Ordered some Kinesis K19R's in an 8.5 and 11, bought the Turbo s Ducts, Euro clear lenses, RS short shifter, Porsche crest center caps, probably more I am thinking about buying the sport 3 spoke factory steering wheel, but I also really like the Ruf one. I definitely am going to buy some pedals, I like the Ruf ones, but I do not think they are worth the money, any suggestions? I think i'm gonna take it easy on the performance mods, for a least a month or two .

The car I bought is a Blk/Blk 96 TT with 61,000 miles with Litronics and sunroof. The motor has been completely rebuilt with brand new turbo's and only has 4,000 miles on it. New steering rack about 6 months ago, and now for the bonus goodies. The car already has the muffler bypasses on it ( after hearing ca993twin's car, that was the first performance mod I was going to do) Bilstien and Eibach's, and some Tint.

I am just soooo exited! When I receive the car, I'll take some before shots, and post them for you guys, and after shots once my wheels arrive in about 4 weeks and I put all of my other goodies on. Well, I'm really looking forward to being part of the team. Thanks for all the reading for the past months, and now I'll take part in the conversations.

Michael
Old 05-03-2004, 04:50 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Sounds might familiar. I believe CJ bought the exact same car! As for the pedals, buy them from Gert (Carnewal.com). They are fairly easy to install and look great. Sounds like you are local to our Malibu drives so look forward to seeing/meeting you.

Addison
Old 05-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome! Congrats.. I remember when I bought my car, I was so giddy with excitement that I couldn't sleep that night.. I kept on looking out the window at it..
Old 05-03-2004, 05:21 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM'd you
Old 05-03-2004, 05:53 PM
MichaelM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

adsc4s: Thanks, I actually used to live in Malibu a couple of years back. I too look forward to meet you and the drives!

Stedge: No problem with sharing what I paid for the car. I'll post it here just in case anyone else is interested. I paid $53,500 for the car, and had to have it shipped here for $1,500.

Jeff993TT: Thanks. It's funny, I seem to be having dreams about the TT. Can you say obsessed!

I forgot to mention that I am also putting in my leather Recaro Pole Positions that I am taking out of my M. The wait is killing me!
Old 05-03-2004, 06:09 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

MichaelM:

Thanks for being open about it. Nice price, too!
Old 05-03-2004, 07:00 PM
hatchy
Racer

Cool, another 993TT going to an excellent home!

Quick Reply: New 96TT should be here this weekend!