Were RUF BTR’s wide/turbo body or narrow body

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 11:08 PM
oufan2929
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Were RUF BTR’s wide/turbo body or narrow body

Edit: BTR2’s… not BTR’s

I was under the impression they were all narrow body, and every one I’ve seen has been narrow body. Did they do some one off turbo bodies? Or maybe they were a hybrid and had a rear fender width that was custom (wider than a C2 but narrower than a turbo)?

Pray tell… thanks!

Last edited by oufan2929; 07-29-2022 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-29-2022, 03:50 PM
DefunctDemonym
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I do a Google search, I mostly find pictures of BTRs with wide rear fenders, and only a few with narrow bodies.

I don't have any sources to back this up, but the information that I've heard about this is that Ruf offered both options for their models that were built from-scratch using a new chassis from Porsche. And the models that were built by converting a customer's existing car were dependant on the model of 911 that the customer provided.

Over the years, Ruf has usually been very flexible in this way. They don't define their models very strictly, and they're very open to what the customer wants. Even today, the new CTR Anniversary model is offered with 3 different body widths that they're prepared to build depending on what the customer wants.

Quick Reply: Were RUF BTR’s wide/turbo body or narrow body