so diserable that many paid the $4k price tag for the color in
97. Mine was a color to sample in 97.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:04 AM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 comments:

1. There may be some issue with the car, as a fellow Rennlister, in the spirit of the board, has made multiple efforts to contact the seller for me, and to see and drive the car. The seller did not immediately reply, and when he did, it sounds as though he was... well, let's say he didn't seem to be a Porsche guy.

2. Many folks on this board are really decent souls. A member made every effort to evaluate this car, because of the experiences he has had with folks here, and that is really pretty cool. And very much appreciated.

Actually, point 3. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some will pay up, others won't. I am not a fanatic about any particular color, but might pay a small amount more for one over another. Ultimately, the condition and history of the car are what matter to me. Oh, and the curves...
Old 04-14-2004, 09:31 AM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Doug - That's what I'm talking about. Exactly! You paid a little more for a color you "liked" and you would not buy a car if you did not like the color. I guess I'm saying that there are colors - the silvers specifically - that seem to be "generally" more popular and therefore there are "more" buyers (me included) that might "have to" pay a little more for one of those cars. You "have to" pay more because of there being "more" buyers for that color. Additional buyers push up the price. In regard to the car I am looking at, I just susposed there are fewer buyers for the guards red than there would be for some of the other colors. And when there is less demand, there "might" be a lower price.

All that being said, you are right. If you like the color then you buy it!
Old 04-15-2004, 03:03 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are decent 996 Turbos around for $80k or less, so I would think even an exceptional 993 isn't worth more than $75k.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

FYI - the blue one is back on EBAY with a different (but still cruddy) picture. Guy says he has been offered 74k ("wholesale") from a dealer and won't sell it for that.... not sure what he's smkoing, but some glaucoma patients could probably use some.

Random Q and not to hijack thread, BUT does anyone think 993tts will be worth more than 996tts in a year or three (on average, not extremes of market, "s" cars, etc)? They're getting close...
Old 04-15-2004, 10:37 AM
OnlyAirCooling
Intermediate

I'm looking for a 993 Turbo S (I've seen and used one dark-red for a while and desperately falled in love for its shape...), if I find one at a decent price, I'd sell my 993TT in perfect conditions for no more than 65,000$. I don't think that it will be possible to sell a 993 TT for some 75,000$ at least here, in Italy, even if it was maintained in a maniacal way...
just an opinion, anyway-

ciao
Old 04-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Mark in Hermosa
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by stedge
FYI - the blue one is back on EBAY with a different (but still cruddy) picture. Guy says he has been offered 74k ("wholesale") from a dealer and won't sell it for that.... not sure what he's smkoing, but some glaucoma patients could probably use some.
His assistant just e-mailed me pictures of the car. These new pictures are a lot better. I think the car is beautiful. I am headed down there to take a look.

With respect to price, I personally would pay a premium for a near-perfect car. Unfortunately, I am very picky. I wouldn't mind paying an extra 6-7k for a great (in and out) car.

I wouldn't doubt that someone would offer low 70's for a low-mileage example. If you look at some of the prices some of the dealers are asking, it would make sense. I would bet that they are getting low 80's from time to time on these cars.

Go out to your garage and stare at your car for a couple of minutes. It is priceless. There is no 996TT in the world that would give me the same feeling.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:32 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally posted by Mark in Hermosa
Go out to your garage and stare at your car for a couple of minutes. It is priceless. There is no 996TT in the world that would give me the same feeling.
I do it all the time and feel the same way. Well said.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:48 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mark:

Agree with you about the appearance.

I hope the car is perfect and it works out for you. Just be extra careful.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

I looked at this car and went for a ride today. Hopefully, it will be mine on Monday. I am replacing the 04 996 with it.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:03 AM
frisbee54
Racer

Midnite Blue is a gorgeous color I wish I could take care of the darker colors
Doug
Old 04-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Mark in Hermosa
Burning Brakes

Let us know, Doug H. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

I will. I am going to my dealer today to get my car appriased. My expectation are very low.

The PPI is Monday. If fore some reason this car does not work out for me, I will be happy to send you the PPI results.

The guy is pretty firm on his price as I don't think it was one of those I have to sell situations. He has also taken very good care of the car. It never sees rain and he has only driven maybe 2,000 miles in 2 years with it.

The only hiccup was a sun roof that stuck, but a minute or two later it closed.

The car looks very nice in person, but the wheels would be the first thing to go. I actually have the center console carbon fibre pieces to finish the interior off.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:46 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

BTW, I saw several on autotrader.com that looked to be much better deals. My only sticking point is that I would rather have my local dealer broker the deal as I have purchased 5 cars from them and trust they will treat me as good as can be expected.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Mark:

I found another car I like for about $ 13k less. Have a deal working on it and the Fed ex documents are coming to me in the morning. I liked the blue car, but the more I looked, the deal did not seem to be such a good deal after all.

Quick Reply: 97TT for sale