Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In search of a 993 TT

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 02:09 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Don't compromise on the items that are important to you because in the long run you won't be happy with the car.

If the seller won't permit a pre purchase inspection at a reputable buisness, forget it. The 993 Turbo model is far to complex to rely on a cursory inspection.

Do a search on this site and you will see what I mean.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Tom C.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark in Hermosa - i also looked at the 97 Glacier White TT at Checkered Flag. Didn't notice the "re-paint", but I thought the asking price was pretty steep based on the rather short list of options on the car. I spoke with Neil @ CF and he mentioned a selling price at 78K. The only things I noticed were the front bumper rash and the funny looking stereo. Best of luck with your search.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:55 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Tom L. What is the NSX like compared to a TT??
have you driven a TT?
Old 04-12-2004, 01:22 AM
frisbee54
Racer

Hi OldGuy I've owned a 91 and a 98 NSX and still have the 91 NSX in the family, the nsx is a fantastic car the car is built solid and is quality built and easy to maintain a 91 3.0 liter 5 spd feels as fast as my 96 C4S was and my 98 3.2 liter 6 spd felt quicker than the n/a 993, they are fun to drive as the view over the dash which is very low makes it seem like there is no car past the windshield, like a ferrari or other low exotic they are a pain in the *** to fall into and crawl out of. the TT is faster buy a fair margin and easier to get in and out of plus with a Porsche people aren't always asking you what it is like they do with the NSX
Doug
Old 04-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Mark in Hermosa
Burning Brakes

Tom:

At first glance, you cannot see the repaint. If you get close to it and look from the side, you will be able to see it (massive orange peel). Have him bring it out in natural sunlight and you will see a color variation between the panels. That part killed me. You can get orange peel out.

Neil was quick to say that he can knock the price down 5-6k. I found out that he is into the car for 71k. This info did not come from him, but from another well trusted source that buys and sells these cars.

One last item. If you ever get sick of the Adven. Green C4S, PM me!

Originally posted by Tom C.
Mark in Hermosa - i also looked at the 97 Glacier White TT at Checkered Flag. Didn't notice the "re-paint", but I thought the asking price was pretty steep based on the rather short list of options on the car. I spoke with Neil @ CF and he mentioned a selling price at 78K. The only things I noticed were the front bumper rash and the funny looking stereo. Best of luck with your search.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:41 PM
tlark
Drifting

Originally posted by OldGuy
Tom L. What is the NSX like compared to a TT??
have you driven a TT?
I have not driven a tt , only a n/a 993 so I can't offer anything other than saying the NSX is a great car all around and handles like its on rails and a very comfortable car to drive. Hard to give up I must say!

With the lack of TT's in the Kansas City area I will more than likley have to travel to Springfield, MO (120mi south) to drive one at Premier or MotorCarsIntntl. I've heard the stories about one of the dearlerships above, however my selection and sources are very limited around here.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:01 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

One of our Rennlisters (Scott Mellor) has owned both... an NSX and a 993TT. Loved the NSX... very competant car... did everything right. Just totally passionless. Does not miss it. email him if you can... but he's gone on vacation for a week.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a 92 NSX for about a year. Beautiful in White, finally got my dream car, I thought. Unfortunately, I became disappointed in the lack of torque (3.2 NSXs are better). But the thing that killed it for me was the slow steering. It was designed to travel at high speeds. In normal driving it didn't feel nimble. Autoweek finally reported the steering ratio was slower than the MDX. Seating position and view out the windshield was fantastic however. Despite my falling out of love with the car. I have regretted selling it many times. It is behind me now and my focus is on a 993, not sure what flavor yet.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:49 AM
JasonO
Pro

If you want a REALLY white 97 Turbo, here's one in Washington: http://www.parkplaceltd.com/webinven...ls.asp?id=2052

Keep in mind, I know nothing about these cars...

-Jason

Quick Reply: In search of a 993 TT