Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legit 993 Upgrades that don't Hurt Value?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 05:32 PM
erick993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Legit 993 Upgrades that don't Hurt Value?

I have two pristine 993 turbos with low miles, Black/Black with 20K miles, and Polar Silver/Red with 25K miles. Currently most/all original parts with no mods on either vehicle. Would like to redo the tired suspension, sway bars, light bulbs, exhaust note, may be order hard back seats, and/or other small performance improvements. Like Bilstein PSS10, LED bulbs, Fister II or Fabspeed, etc. My question - that's a bad idea because it hurts the collector or resale value on a low mile car - Correct? I've seen this issue on other vehicles. So to confirm - it's best to use OEM parts (if available and needing to be replaced) and/or not try to change or upgrade them?

Also, I've seen where sellers offer the original parts/struts, etc. with the sale - seems crazy as after 25 years they got to be bad. Who would put them back on - ?

Thanks, and appreciate any thoughts before I make any changes to these vehicles.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:00 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

I think everything you mentioned above is reversible and would really improve the ownership experience, especially from a driving point of view. I mean the PSS10s alone are vastly superior to your old Monroe shocks that were terrible to begin with! And when you look at what Porsche is offering today I believe they are just Bilsten HD shocks so def inferior to a KW/PSS10s coilover system.

Being your cars are like collector status, yes as crazy at it sounds keep all the original items (including those old springs/shocks). But I'd say your not crazy to want to make some upgrades.
The following 2 users liked this post by Knight:
dbf73 (04-07-2021), Toastypie (11-17-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 11:16 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 687 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by erick993
I have two pristine 993 turbos with low miles, Black/Black with 20K miles, and Polar Silver/Red with 25K miles. Currently most/all original parts with no mods on either vehicle. Would like to redo the tired suspension, sway bars, light bulbs, exhaust note, may be order hard back seats, and/or other small performance improvements. Like Bilstein PSS10, LED bulbs, Fister II or Fabspeed, etc. My question - that's a bad idea because it hurts the collector or resale value on a low mile car - Correct? I've seen this issue on other vehicles. So to confirm - it's best to use OEM parts (if available and needing to be replaced) and/or not try to change or upgrade them?

Also, I've seen where sellers offer the original parts/struts, etc. with the sale - seems crazy as after 25 years they got to be bad. Who would put them back on - ?

Thanks, and appreciate any thoughts before I make any changes to these vehicles.
Should be no issues in terms of depreciation, as long as you stick with bolt-on mods and keep your OEM parts.
Typically, as long as you can return to full stock you should not have any worries.

Quick Reply: Legit 993 Upgrades that don't Hurt Value?