Sponsored by:

92 mph in a 45....

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 01:32 AM
jtpsocal
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 mph in a 45....

As I pull up to make a right turn at an intersection after a particularily empty curvy stretch of road I see the dreaded blue and red gumballs behind me. I make a right and pull into a parking lot. I'm thinking ...this one might be bad.....the officer asks if I know what he pulled me over for..I reply "not really" with a sly grin....He says if you confess now It will be much better...So I gently ask...Where did you see me..after I confirm he really had me by his choice of hideout ...I confess to my sins He actually said he "pulled out with lights and sirens and didnt think he was going to catch me, you were pulling away and I had you on laser "....He immediately informs me of the seriousness of a 92 in a 45 ticket but proffers an offer to just write it up for "exceeding the state maximum" and tells me I can do traffic school..and you know thats an awful nice car.....After the paper work is done he comes back and proceeds to tell me that he used to own a Corvette and he ran from the police in it. He then says to the both of us in the car "just between the three of us here whats the fastest you've had it up to"? ...Amazing....thanks Seal Beach PD......guess it's time for a Valentine 1.......

The last three tickets I fought and won....cop didnt show up each time....I almost feel like I should just do the traffic school and not make this guy dance he was so cool.......
Old 03-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just had similar experience driving to Orlando to have my Iforged wheels put on. On the Florida turnpike , on the phone going FAST. I had a valentine but he used instant on and got me. Told him I was on the phone not paying attention..........something about not feeling the speed in this car. He just takes my info back to his car. Figure he is going to haul me off to the station.
He comes back and proceeds to to tell me how much he loves Porsche's, loves the color etc. I finally was able to exhale. Gave me a ticket for 6 over! Unbelievable! Mike W
Old 03-16-2004, 06:27 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Surprised he didn't shoot you on the spot for being on the phone and going fast!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:36 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike what are you doing?? youre too old to go that fast!
Pics please!!of the wheels not the cop.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

truth is thought he might shoot me!

OG, gotta get a camera - I think you will like the wheels. They are a bit different than most, light and I havn't seen them on too many cars. Mike W

Quick Reply: 92 mph in a 45....