Sponsored by:

My '97 993tt is for sale(long-sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 09:40 AM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My '97 993tt is for sale(long-sorry)

Guys,

I have decided to sell my '993tt in order to ultimately move over to a GT3.

The car currently has 22.7k miles and its history is as follows:

The car represents #754 of the 1045 993tts produced for NA that year.

It was originally purchased by a physician in Fla. from Bert Smith Porsche and all service work was done there. It was sold back to them and I picked it off from the rennlist/thalist before it even was returned to them.Every record since new is in my possession. At the time of my purchase in January of 2002, it had 15k miles and it received Porsche Certification as well as having the 30k service performed, changing the spark plugs, flushing the fluids and putting new tires on.

The car has remained bone-stock and has been properly driven since day one of my ownership. It has been to Concours workshops and Stuart Zeh, one of the big National PCA Concours mavens, has said that the car is worthy of showing due to the quality of its paint and interior. Its only imperfection on the paint is a pinky-nail sized area that appears to have been a chip on the hood and had been filled in by the previous owner. There are no other chips, even on the nose. Since I am at least as compulsive about my car as anyone here, I have had the car down to John Paterek in NJ who is the PCA tech expert on interiors and exteriors and he has refilled that small defect which makes it virtually impossible to notice unless it is pointed out. I have also had a full-day tutorial with him on detailing the car. We recently replaced the 3M Stoneguards over the rear flares and prophylactically replaced the window seals. Other details that have been compulsively addressed have been the replacement of the hood crest due to the fact that the previous owner must have pressed on it in closing the storage compartment causing a small change in contour of the ornament. Also, the rear reflector was replaced due to a very small imperfection which was noted by Stuart Zeh, but had not been noticed by myself.

The car is only driven on dry, clean roads and cosmetically maintained by as compulsive a rennlister as there is. I wash the car after almost every drive and when the car has been driven to work, it has been parked in a private lot covered with the best car cover available.

Proper maintenence has been performed according to schedule. I was in the process of privately selling the car and this has fallen through as of a few days ago. As part of that process, the car has already had a full PPI including leakdown and compression testing. The car was found to be "perfect" except for wear of the drive belts which have been replaced. At the time of PPI, oil change and brake fluid flush were performed. The PPI was performed at Deman Motorsport in Nyack NY. Deman is respected in the PCA/rennlist community and he is known for his mathematiclly/computer analysis based tuning. His personal GT1 has been tuned to over 1000hp at the crank and over 850hp at the wheels.

Pricing on the car is based on multiple recent sales(including auction pricing on higher miles cars and private sales) and bottom line is the break even point on trade-in. My dealer is willing to give me $70k on trade which also generates a $5k tax break on the other car. So, my break even is $75k and I would rather sell to a fellow enthusiast than have the car go to someone that will not appreciate the car and the care which it has received by me.

Pics are available in the link in my signature

Sorry for the length of this post, but I wanted to convey as many details as possible about the car up front.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

if only it were silver, you'd be done.

also, as an aside, perhaps someone with a dealers licence can "intermediate" your sale and new purchase, that way, you would get the tax credit and not loose 5k .. just a thought.

lastly, where is stuart located?
regards,
rob
Old 03-07-2004, 09:44 PM
TurboTom
Track Day

I am currently looking to purchase a TTS, however I have an interest in your car and would like to get additional details.

Do you have the original window sticker or a COA that you can email or fax me. If not, can you provide the options? I assume by your comments regarding the quality of the paint that there has been no paintwork. I want to be absolutely sure I understood your comments regarding the paint correctly.

Has the car been entered in a PCA concourse event and if so how did it finish?

Thanks!

Turbo Tom
Old 03-08-2004, 06:53 AM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tom,

Absolutely no paintwork whatsoever aside from that noted in my post.

I do have a list of the options that was given to me by the dealer and it matches what is on the hood. It is handwritten. The window sticker had not been saved by the original owner and I have not ordered a COA from PCNA. I can fax the options list to you should you be interested. PM me with a fax number.

Stuart Zeh said(at a Concours workshop at Prestige Porsche) that the car could easily be shown, but I have not actually concoured the car.

Last edited by privates8; 03-08-2004 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:29 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

privates8
I am sure you have had a lot of pleasure out of your tt, but to have one in such concours condition is not necessarily a "Rennlisters" aspiration - ZERO paintwork - I feel that is a little sad, since it means you ain't driving the thing. My car has never been pranged from new but has had plenty of paint: Front bumper, hood and wings about 4 times, rear wings 3 times and recently the roof (whilst repairing the rain gutter rot !) - and even now it needs more paint to cover up the road rash
My point being: paint on a 7/8/9 y/o car is NOT a bad thing

BTW best of luck in selling, it sounds like a good price for such a "showroom" car.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:41 AM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

I do drive the car. I am very careful about the roads and the times of day and the traffic conditions. I have had the car two years and have put 7k miles on it. I have enjoyed it each time that I have driven it.

Thanks for the good wishes TB. I want to praise you on the beauty of the shots that you recently posted after you washed the car. I am glad that you are doing to the car what it was meant to do and not stressing over it!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:19 AM
TurboTom
Track Day

Privates8:
I have PM you my fax #.

TB:
I agree, resprays with no body work are not a bad thing. I do think that the quality of the respray is important.

If one can find a good compromise by enthusiastically driving the car, racing it ( pretty tough to concour the car after racing it ) and concouring it more power to that individual.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:38 AM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tom,

You have fax and PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

amazing that the dealer will give you 70; that says alot about the strength of 97 prices!!! enjoy your GT3 [i loved mine] when does it arrive???
Old 03-08-2004, 12:13 PM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Watt,

Thanks for both your good wishes and for your help as I made this decision. Your emails and your many informative posts are appreciated.

The car is a late-April build expected end of May/early June.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:54 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

privates8,

I am also interested in your car. If Turbotom and the others in line ahead of me fall through, I'd love a shot at the car.

Thanks.

Addison
Old 03-08-2004, 02:54 PM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Addison,

I will get back to you after TurboTom has the opportunity to consider whether he wants the car.

Thank you for your interest.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:44 PM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Addison,

I just spoke to TurboTom and he is interested in the car but is also looking for a Turbo S and so he is passing on the opportunity to purchase at this time.

Feel free to contact me if you so desire.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Dan89_930
Instructor

Hey Steve: I'm sure your tt will find a good home. Potential buyers will be impressed with how well you have taken care of your car.

Do you have your sights on a particular GT3? Or are you going to factory order it and then take German delivery? Whichever, enjoy! If I'm ever out your way, you'll have to take me for a ride!!

Dan
Old 03-08-2004, 07:07 PM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dan,

Thanks.

It is good to hear from you and I have been meaning to email you back for what seems like forever. Lots of good stuff going on around here. I will try to get back to you tonight or tomorrow.

You know that you always have an open invitation in my home and car!

Quick Reply: My '97 993tt is for sale(long-sorry)