Brake cooling ducts for AWD 4WD C4S Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Brake cooling ducts for AWD 4WD C4S Turbo

This is a long-standing issue with Turbo and AWD cars, but I want to raise it again --- as anyone cracked this nut?
I received an email from Andial saying they have something (for $1000) but no pictures -- just send the money. Not impressed.
My next step is frozen rotors and some half-arsed ducting and deflectors. I have pictures of the system on the '04 GT3RS -- I'll be trying something similar. Probably in fibreglass ... grumble...
Old 03-04-2004, 10:30 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the S ducts connected to hose ducted into a deflector that continues above the existing deflector on the lower control arm. I don't know if Performance Products still has them, but it's pretty effective and doesn't interfere with steering.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If someone could run with their brake ducts blocked and pyro the rotors and calipers then run with the ducts open and compare the temps, maybe that's enough to know if the cooling is working -- thinking in terms of "I feel fade" or "spongy pedal" seems too subjective.

Once my front wheel wells are fully booked with rubber, I expect I'll have to duct the air from further back in the fender (at the centre of the wheel and scooping air from below the body.)

Performance does have things and I'll likely use their stuff to save the raw fab work, but it will need a lot of fiddling to work around front drive shafts and really force the air into the centre of the rotors.

A lateral thinking approach would be to just lighten the car by 1000lbs...

ps. Thanks to everyone that resisted shoving a "search the forum" post on this thread
Old 03-05-2004, 11:42 PM
nman413
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I'll bite.

"Search the forum!!!!" lol

Quick Reply: Brake cooling ducts for AWD 4WD C4S Turbo