Recognise this rocketship?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004 | 01:17 PM
Ruf-Racer
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Hey Flyman,

IRC and supplemental roll cage enhancements? Yep! Also added side door bars. Very trick stuff. Carl Young (Carl's Place-LV) did the door bars and fire suppresion system. Carl also re-did the seat mounts with a very large thru the floor mounting plate. Ruf continues to send his technician to Carl's Place to serviice my car. BTW, Carl is doing a 993TT open road race car for my little grasshopper friend Watt. Carl is one hella fun dude and a good friend. Watt doesn't even know his car now has cryo rotors intended for installation on Carl's vehicle. Carl will probably run 1:59 at Pahrump today driving his mini S. Not bad for an old ****. I can say that because he is 67 and I am a mere 66. At least for a couple of months,then I click to 67. I will retire from ORR when I own the Guiness Book record. Best guess is 2005 for that endeavor. Yellow color? Absolutey agree. OTOH, Alois said black and no boost gauge. He is still the boss man. If he said "pink" WTF? Who am I to argue with the man?

R
Old 03-04-2004 | 01:44 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

CFR your highness,

you are high! what are cryo rotors' benefit??? i do know i have them but why is a different question
Old 03-04-2004 | 05:23 PM
tjnif993t
Instructor

What a beautifullllll car!! You da man RUF! Where can I get seats like that ??? Pleeaasssse!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2004 | 11:06 PM
Ruf-Racer
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Where can I get seats like that ??? Ask Mr Ruf for manual adjusting w/electric lumbar just like Roland has. I am confident he would sell you a set. I don't even want to know the cost. They are a bit heavy but they work for me.

Cheers,
R
P.S.
Guys,sorry for the lack of pictures. My photo data base resides in a kleze infected laptop and I just haven't bothered to extract the photos.
Old 03-04-2004 | 11:56 PM
CP
Race Director

Originally posted by tjnif993t
Where can I get seats like that ??? Pleeaasssse!!!!!!!!
If RUF does you car in Pfaffenhausen, he has access to MANY goodies not available to consumers stateside. So all you have to so is get a RUF car built in Germany, and you'll be like a kid in a candy store. The fun is obscene. May be so is the fund.

Here's the seat in my RUF BTR. Enjoy.

CP
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2004 | 01:06 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

I am certain the North American agent for RUF parts and also a Rennlist sponsor, www.weissach.com can get you those seats. I saw them in a RUF Turbo R built in North America while I was there today.

I ended up going with the RUF PSS9 setup with the RUF rear bar. The car should be ready tomorrow, can't wait!
Old 03-05-2004 | 07:30 AM
AdamT
Instructor

My favourite 993

all the best
adam

Quick Reply: Recognise this rocketship?