Sponsored by:

RSR muffler alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 02:04 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RSR muffler alternatives

With Robin taking a much needed break, are there any alternatives to similar exhaust mods for the twin turbo? I am not looking for added performance, just a bit more sound. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Farzaan
Old 02-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

muffler bypass!
Old 02-26-2004, 02:38 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Tech EfX mufflers. They sound quite nice, especially with a cat bypass. I'll be putting them back on this weekend, as Karen followed me home last night and gave me an earful about the noise from the muffler bypass+ cat bypass having ruined the sound of HER car!!!!!!!!

My excuse was I thought I was going back to the 'Streets of Willow this weekend, but I'm not and that didn't fly.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:47 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second Jeff's response. The Fabspeed muffler bypasses are really nice quality, give you a nice sound from your engine on par with an RSR for an NA machine, they save 60 lbs off the rear end, and they give better performance (less backpressure and 3' less exhaust travel. What is not to love.....

I have catbypasses, but with stock mufflers there was still no growl. Plus, installing cat bypasses are a lot tougher. With the muffler bypasses there are 2 bolts on each side to loosen and one to tighten up and they are on. Even OldGuy was able to install his.... What else needs to be said.

Quick Reply: RSR muffler alternatives