Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 09:50 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update, Price Change: Silver '97 993TT for sale in the Washington Post

With all the folks currently looking for 993TT's, there seems to be interest in posts pointing out cars listed for sale in local papers. Unless and until a board administrator condems such posts, I'll chime in with a listing from my area ...

in today's Washington Post:

"97 911 Turbo. Excel cond. 60k mi, $75,000. View at www.sbpbooks.com/turbo.htm Qualified buyers e-mail interest to turbo@spbbooks.com"

After looking at the pics in the link, the car appears to be Arctic Silver/Blue Leather. Not clear where it's located.

Last edited by John H. in DC Area; 02-24-2004 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:18 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

John,

Maybe I'm being naive, but I didn't think there be any objection to posting this sort of information, especially since we are not "interested" parties, and have no affiliation. I think of it as a service to our Rennlist brethren who are looking for cars, and can't read all the local papers.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:27 AM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Me too, Steve. I was just doing a little CYA. I enjoy such posts and plan to continue making them.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Sean
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking for one guy in the 993 TT market, I appreciate you guys posting the info.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kinda pricey with that much milage.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Pete in DC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks pretty local to moi. Pano-esque price.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:54 PM
FineProperty
Instructor

I know I appreciate the help. There is no way to search all of the papers and links by myself. I've started flying to see them, I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing, but I'm enjoying it. Could someone find one in Cabo or the Carribean? If that one in Hawaii is still available, I'll check it out in May. (I hope I'll have my 993TT by then, where ever it may be now I hope it's covered).

Rich
Old 02-24-2004, 09:17 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Looks like the seller of the TT mentioned in my original post is really motivated to sell and has had his sense of value recalibrated by someone/something in the last week. This car is advertised in today's Post again and the price has dropped 10 grand to $65,000.

Just an FYI for anyone curious.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Les Quam
Pro

I too really enjoy these posts I hope we are allowed to keep posting them?
Old 02-25-2004, 12:13 PM
SLVR
Pro

Hey John - good follow-up!

PS. Finally got my TT cleared from customs today :-) but work keeps me from picking it up :-( until late next week.
PPS. The paperwork is pretty horrific!
Old 02-25-2004, 12:27 PM
wht993cabrio
Addict
Rennlist Member

Talking

John H,

Your beast is the one that I want.

My son still remembers it from the Bethesda gathering.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:37 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Louis! It's good to hear from you, we enjoyed dinner with you and your wife prior to your departure. Glad things are going well with the TT, be sure to take pics and post some stories about properly exercising the car on the Autobahn (and hopefully some lawless Italian roads as well). BTW, a fellow over on the Potomac PCA board was inquiring about taking a US spec older 911 with him to Germany as a result of a job reassignment and wanted to know something about the process. I pointed him your way, hope you don't mind.

Chris, I will never forget the look on your son's face... priceless, it's now become one of my favorite stories to tell about the car. BTW, every seller has his price Hope we have some sort of get together coming up in March.
Old 02-29-2004, 04:07 AM
SLVR
Pro

Hi John,

Good to hear from you too, we also very fondly remember the "exit" dinner ;-). We'd like to repeat either here or there when we come across the pond next time.

No problem with the reference re. a 911 import. I think it is no too complicated for US spec cars as long as Porsche AG is willing to supply the technical data for the car and the car is stock. I can help with some phone numbers.

However, if the person in question does not speak German I would highly recommend the use of a "relocation" service to help with the paper work IN GENERAL. I think it is unsurmountable if you try to get by in any other language. It should be part of any relocation package to Germany, even for me it was baffling at times how complex things get.

The int. movers here in FFM offered the service and I had pleasant conversations with Cheryl Koenig relocations in October, they sounded very professional but I did not hire them since it tiurned out I could handle the paperwork. No affiliation, blah,blah, blah. Hence I also don't know how competitive their pricing is. I think they quoted in the range of 3000-4000 Euros I thinks for the whole hog, house search, cars, etc. A lot of cash but worth every penny if you do not speak the local lingo, there is just too much paperwork and interaction with burocrats. Romina will tell you some anecdotes full of colorful language when we meet again :-).

I'll PM you my office email and coordinates.

Best regards
Louis
Old 05-17-2004, 11:38 AM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

After a couple month hiatus and a $10,000 price drop, this car is listed for sale in the Washington Post again. Ad gives the following website ...

www.sbpbooks.com/turbo.htm
Old 05-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Bill S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Go to www.cars.com. Search for used 1996 and 1997 911s, over $50K in all areas. Today there were 15 turbos for sale.

Quick Reply: Silver '97 993TT for sale in the Washington Post