Sponsored by:

Contentious question for AMG ETR

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 02:26 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TB993tt
Can you share with us this "proof" which you claim to have been shown ?
I have typed everything the way it has been explained and shown to me. If you want information further then what I have typed (which I see you do) you will have to wait for my boss Bryan to chime in on Monday. As I said I am no 993 expert and I have typed what I know here. I obviously don't have the information you are looking for, so please just be patient and wait untill Monday.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:52 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I, for one, would prefer that we don't verbally accost our Rennlist sponsors. I like to hear all sides of various questions, and when there is a difference of opinions, more diplomatic phrasing can accomplish more than a deliberately contentous post. "Hey... can't we all just get along?"

The technical side of this thread is interesting. Lets keep our focus.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:05 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally posted by AMG ETR

While I am no 993 expert the information I am posting is information that has been proven to me by the same person TB993tt is talking about Mr. Brombacher the owner of FVD.
You state above that the information you gave has been PROVEN to you - I am asking YOU for this proof.
You now say you will get a colleague to post, does this mean you are fibbing above and have not seen this PROOF

ca993twin
The post is bound to be contentious but has an added flavour since this AMG ETR character seems to think there is a conspiracy and he has been lured into something, whereas I just wanted him to put into writing his company's line which he did very accurately. He is the only one who has hinted at getting personal with this comment:

"Can't say I am very impressed with you or your post"

Which I find pretty immature.

I will state again, I have purchased and will continue to, many parts from FVD over the years, they have a fantastic "toy" catalogue which is always to hand
Old 02-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Autobahn
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by AMG ETR
... I did want to post this however:
In response to:
Since this is the way you feel, I will stop posting my opinion on here. While I am no 993 expert the information I am posting is information that has been proven to me by the same person TB993tt is talking about Mr. Brombacher the owner of FVD. I will pass this on to my boss and let him post from here on since my comments are not expert enough for some. I am hurt that you think I would just start lying because I work for a tuner now. This is far from true and if somthing is good its good and if its bad I am going to say it. I still reccomend products that are not made by FVD if I feel they are better...
AMG ETR,

I never said that you were lying. I am merely saying that you will take the position of your company and who could blame you for that? You are saying yourself that you are not a 993 expert. What I am trying to say is that since you can't possibly know all technical issues about the 993 you will very likely tell us the position of the company you are working for. I don't see any problem with that since you will probably do so with the best intentions.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:26 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Ok, this is going to be my last statement because I feel like this is the same thing over and over.
You state above that the information you gave has been PROVEN to you - I am asking YOU for this proof.
You now say you will get a colleague to post, does this mean you are fibbing above and have not seen this PROOF

ca993twin
The post is bound to be contentious but has an added flavour since this AMG ETR character seems to think there is a conspiracy and he has been lured into something, whereas I just wanted him to put into writing his company's line which he did very accurately.
If this post was bound to be contentious why didn't you just say from the start "AMG ETR, I have been told by Herr Brombacher blah blah blah can you please show me proof of this as I do not believe the statement". If this statement had been made I would have had my boss who can better prove this statement post. I knew enough about the subject to make the comments that I did. Now since you are asking for more information that I do not feel I am able to personally provide, I am getting my boss involved who is better qualified to go into the details. How is this fibbing? Everything I said was true to the best of my knowladge, however you are now asking me to go above and beyond my knowladge and I am passing it off to someone who can better assist you. The proof that I have is not somthing I can "show you". The proof presented to me is from what I have been told and shown by people who do have more experience in this area. You cannot expect every person to have first hand experience with everything, you have to trust and rely on other peoples word somtimes.

He is the only one who has hinted at getting personal with this comment:
"Can't say I am very impressed with you or your post"
Which I find pretty immature.
I will state again, I have purchased and will continue to, many parts from FVD over the years, they have a fantastic "toy" catalogue which is always to hand
This is getting so far out of hand I cannot believe it. You think that me saying that is immature? Read my 2nd post on this thread commenting on how I am trying to treat this post mature, however you have made this impossable. Like I said up top, this thread became immature when you wrote the first post the way you did. I am sorry if I offended you in any way with my above comment though, that was not the intention. However you do go on to call me a "character". From the start of this post I have tried to handle it mature and have stated facts that I believe are true. You have shot down just about all of these facts which is fine that is what the forum is for. My problem is that you continue to "call me out" when I have already told you that you are asking me for information that I can not personally provide (hence why I am getting another more experience colleague involved).
Glad to hear it. Please understand I am not here to argue with you, I am only here to help and give my opinion. I look foward to helping you in the future, but as I said you have reached the limit of my knowladge on this subject.

Old 02-15-2004, 04:30 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Autobahn
AMG ETR,

I never said that you were lying. I am merely saying that you will take the position of your company and who could blame you for that? You are saying yourself that you are not a 993 expert. What I am trying to say is that since you can't possibly know all technical issues about the 993 you will very likely tell us the position of the company you are working for. I don't see any problem with that since you will probably do so with the best intentions.
Gotcha, sorry to accuse you, just not having a great weekend (being sick and all). I would not post somthing I did not believe and feel have been proven to me. unfortunatly as I said in my previous post this thread has crossed beyond my knowladge on the subject which is why I will not continue posting on it and will instead have someone more qualified in our company take over.
Thanks for understanding
Old 02-16-2004, 12:06 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AMG ETR what did you do to **** this guy off?

You usually see this type of sponsor harrassment on the Corvette and Mustang boards...
Old 02-16-2004, 05:15 PM
carrerabo
Advanced

Hydrolic lifters suck anyways you guys can argue until your dicks fall off if you want power install new cams and eliminate the bull**** of hydrolic.It is just over engineering crap. I speak for not a company but from what my dumb *** has learned over that 17 years of dealing with all you J.O.'s
Old 02-16-2004, 05:39 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Carrerabo,

"...anyways you guys can argue until your dicks fall off ..."

It is fairly common knowledge that if you drive a Porsche, your dick has either already fallen off, or shriveled up to the point of uselessness.

HYDRAULIC. That's the correct spelling. Its kind of hard to take you seriously when you have such a hard time writing a cohesive sentence. Did you read Viperbob's post about the issuesof trying to adjust valves with mechanical lifters on a turbo? Maybe for a race car...
Old 02-16-2004, 05:47 PM
carrerabo
Advanced

Sory, my speling is not good i am a teck who spends time in shop not learing how to spel words to argue with a pensil pushing no it alls.Butt I can build the **** out of a Porsche motor. an please do not take me seriosly I dont know crap.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:09 PM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Carrerabo - Ca993twin

You guys funny.

Old 02-16-2004, 07:59 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Troll Alert!
Old 02-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by ca993twin
Carrerabo,

"...anyways you guys can argue until your dicks fall off ..."

It is fairly common knowledge that if you drive a Porsche, your dick has either already fallen off, or shriveled up to the point of uselessness.
Damn, Steve. I thought it was supposed to grow after buying a Porsche.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:55 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Can't fault someone for towing the company line. What did/do you expect AMG ETR to say? That the company he is repping has no clue?

I don't get this thread at all.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:23 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I did not either. Why call someone out like that.
I dont get it.

Quick Reply: Contentious question for AMG ETR