Sponsored by:

993tt at Circle Imports in Long Beach

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 11:27 PM
HSardelli
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993tt at Circle Imports in Long Beach

Does anyone know the backround on an Arena Red 97tt at Circle? I'm considering making an offer and would appreciate any info anyone has. Also, if anyone is in the area and can recommend a PPI mechanic or would be interested in looking the car over please let me know

Hank
83 944
89 951
96 C4S
Old 02-06-2004, 12:40 AM
FineProperty
Instructor

I've thought about that one myself...not sure if anyone here has done much research though. That's one where their pictures haven't been that great, I'd want to see it in person. 97 with lower miles is always nice.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:59 AM
FineProperty
Instructor

Ok...I'm going to go take a look at this tomorrow. This starts my flight miles in the search for the right car. For those that are interested, I'm passing on a Silver 1996 TT with black interior, in immaculate condition, PPI completed at Stevens Creek Porsche. It needs some electric seat switches, but the seller is negotiable on price from $62k to $60k, he's on cars.com as needing to sell by tomorrow. My wife is not impressed with Silver and prefers Arena Red. Thankfully, there are 3 Arena Red to choose from that meet my other criteria. It's worth $10k to keep her happy, because she's letting me blow all our savings on a(another) toy for me. PM me if you need more info on the silver one...if it were A.red it would be coming home tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:53 PM
HSardelli
Track Day

Well-what did you think?

Hank
Old 02-08-2004, 04:45 PM
FineProperty
Instructor

Originally posted by HSardelli
Well-what did you think?

Hank
Hank, and others that are curious:
I did go look at it, flew to Vegas, then on to Long Beach (who cares, what about the car).

The paint was in good, not great shape. A full detail and TLC with the right products and it will look awesome. Mechanically it seemed more 'dialed in' than any I have seen, new clutch feels perfect, engine sounds great, driving was awesome (they are like that). Handling was spot on, no vibration, new front tires, about 40% of rears left, drivers side clear rear fender protector looks like it's maroon because somebody buffed it, needs replacing, drivers door weather stripping needs to be replaced, interior has minor scuffs front and back that could use Lexol, one scuff on drivers seat, scratched aluminum shift lever. 36k miles. 30k service done, no leaks. I sat across the street at In and Out for over an hour thinking about it. For me, at this price $65k, it's a deal, but I want sport seats and the aluminum gauge package. Seems minor to me too, but if I'm blowing all my money, I don't want to think about the stuff I gave up, I want it perfect.

I saw two other Arena Red 993TT's that day. Both sellers said they would sell. One 96 had 20k miles, $70ish, no real number, tan interior sport seats, very nice. One 97 had 9800 miles and was at the dealer getting prepped for sale, it had grey interior, and was in showroom condition before the clean up. Spotless grey interior. If you need more info, you can PM me, I only check that about twice a week, or at rfine@fineproperty.com. I was trying to find the LA meet drivers, but was too late, although I clearly saw the remnants of the meet on the freeway, lots of nice pcars in every direction. Saw 2 GT3's and 2 GT2's.

Quick Reply: 993tt at Circle Imports in Long Beach