Sponsored by:

porsche mechanic in coloradoSWZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 10:46 PM
adegraeve
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default porsche mechanic in coloradoSWZ

do any of you guys know who is "the man" as far as porsche mechanics in Colorado?
i want to do some upgrades to my car and live in Aspen, somewhat remote from the rest of the world

thanks

alain
Old 01-28-2004, 05:10 PM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alain,

Did you post this on the 993 NA board as well? I think there are some Front Range guys that actively race and follow that board that may be helpful. I have not lived there for many years now sorry.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:03 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

There are plenty of choices in Colorado and some independent Porsche shops have personnel with winning experience in professional and amateur racing.

If they aren't 993 Turbo "upgrade" experts they can probably consult with the best shops in the US and take care of your requirements locally.

Send me a private e-mail and I can provide details.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:19 PM
FineProperty
Instructor

Alain,
It's only a short Utah, Nevada, to California drive to see ViperBob.

I can find you a nice place to stay in Park City on your way out. I sent you a PM as well...do you still have a 360?
Old 01-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, Call Eisenbuds in Denver. John is one of the best. He is cynical but very knowlegeable. He built my 72 E to RS spec and it screamed. He has worked on several of my cars when I lived in Denver. He has been around with his Porsche garage for 30 years. I saw a green targa he turbo charged some 20 years back. Huge rear flares on this car. Wonderful work on the turbo set up. The car was incredible.

Use my name. Steve Daib. We still talk on the phone from time to time since I don't get to Denver much any more.

He is cynical and will probably ask you why you would do the work, but he will do a first class job for you. His number is 303-825-0322
Old 02-05-2004, 12:35 PM
adegraeve
Instructor

does anyone have any experience with Chris Cevelli from premier Motorsports in Denver. He was formelly located in the Phoenix area
Old 02-05-2004, 05:21 PM
WildWillard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Range Mechanics

I would recommend three different shops depending on what you want to do.

Bill Rader who some might recognize as the Team Manager for the Racers Group, runs a shop in Colorado Springs called On the Edge Performance Center.

Jack Heavy runs German MotorCraft also in the Springs, he's a long time tuner, specializing in turbos. Recently, his shop has done all the tuning for Jeff Zwart when he's in town for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Bob Brown of Storz Garage in Denver is my mechanic for a number of years and was very instrumental in helping with the race car I used to drive 10 + years ago.

Hopefully this helps some. I'm not sure of any P-Car tuners up your way, you might check in with Sport Wheels in Glenwood (well thought of Audi tuner) to see if they have any recommendations.

Good luck

Doug

Quick Reply: porsche mechanic in coloradoSWZ