Sponsored by:

Jacking points on 993 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 11:31 AM
PunjabiM3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jacking points on 993 Turbo?

Hope to get some insight from those of you that have done this many times. I will be installing KWV3 on my fairly new to me 993TT and this will be the first time jacking up the car. I have Google searched pretty extensively and have read about jacking the rear up from under the engine: https://rennlist.com/how-tos/a/porsc...porsche-387063.

However, it seems most of the articles I have found are all in reference to NON-Turbo 993 models. Further, I had read about an engine jacking point block, but it seems this is not for the 993 Turbo models? Not sure if that is something that I can even purchase anymore, but if so am thinking would be great to have if it works on the 993TT. Hope to get some nice feedback on this. Thank you.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:33 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi the method that the article you link is fine for the turbo too. Did that for years prior to getting my lift.
Other option is to lift the whole side using the rear jack point, get a jack stand under the front, repeat on the other side, then lift by the engine to get jack stands on the rear jack point.
I like the article method better as I think it's less stress on the sway bars and suspension.
May have to alternate front and back and increase the height of the jack stands.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

I've used the motor to lift the rear for years. I'm sure it caused my stock oil filled motor mounts to wear out a bit more quickly, but that was just a good excuse to put wevo mounts in. At this point, jacking it from the motor is a non-issue.

Quick Reply: Jacking points on 993 Turbo?