RPM Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 02:13 AM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RPM Motorsports

Has anyone purchased a Porsche from RPM Sports in Houston? He has a reputation for cars with low mileage that are suppose to be quite pristine. I just wanted to hear first hand accounts(or second hand) of the level of quality of cars that RPM sports sells.

Thanks before hand,

MKHN
Old 12-10-2003, 11:43 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I have not purchased one from him however I looked alot.
He does have alot of low mileage pristine looking cars
and he is very proud of them asking what I think is top dollar
for all his examples.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:47 PM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks OG. I'm looking at a TT that was formerly sold by RPM and I'm just trying to build a profile on the car and determine if it is a solid car. Aside from asking top dollar, it appears his cars are in really good shape.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:24 PM
dsinn
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never dealt with RPM, but would suggest doing a search in the 993TT and 993 forums as there have been prior discussions in both about them.

David
Old 12-11-2003, 10:40 AM
Speedy993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been to his place and bought from him, and he does have clean cars he carefully replaces any worn parts and keeps them meticulously detailed.

he says he likes to feel that he is selling a practically new car to his customers. I would say Ray is a P-car enthusiest, but then again he makes a good living selling them. As for price? yes in some cases they seem high, but then again he also has to take the time to hunt them down(and probably pay a higher price) and then flip them for a profit.

When I'm in Houston I sure like going to visit his place because he does have alot of 993's and other P-cars that are always fun to look at.

Karl
Old 12-12-2003, 11:48 PM
Mike in O.C.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealt with him one time. He had an "attitude" like he was doing me a favor talking to me. His cars are over-priced. Yet, evidentally, there are enough well-heeled buyers for them.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:31 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

I have been to Ray's place a few times myself. The cars do look cosmetically brand new. He is a nice guy and takes his time with you. He may seem to have an attitude because he will not kiss butt or negotiate too much.. So he is not your typical salesman that will do everything to get you to buy... From what he told me he actually owns everything there so since he has no notes to worry about, he can sit on a car for a long time till it sells.I have only bought some parts from him and always he is a pleasure to deal with.

Quick Reply: RPM Motorsports