Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Isnīt the parameters of I stage 440Hp tuners provide, a simple 430HP original ECU ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003 | 07:25 PM
J.Seven
Instructor

Default Isnīt the parameters of I stage 440Hp tuners provide, a simple 430HP original ECU ?

Iīve been looking around for a possible upgrade in case I buy a stock 993TT and most tuners first power stage claims 440Hp. Can this be the original 430Hp from Porsche instead of their own software? Not that this makes a big difference for me, but if thatīs the case I might me more interested on buying the original 430Hp ECU.
Thanks in advance.

J.Seven
Old 12-02-2003 | 09:42 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Hi:

While I cannot account for what others do, we do offer several power levels, some of which are software only and some involve changing other components.

We offer 430 HP, 480 HP, and 520 HP, depending on programming and hardware. These are based on variations in Factory upgrades that have been fine-tuned for US applications and usage.

No matter what you do, I'd strongly recommend adding an additional front oil cooler.
Old 12-03-2003 | 12:11 AM
AndyGlaister
Intermediate

Hey J

I also doubt that people are creating their own ECU mappings - most of the tuners I expect are based on the factory 424 HP Turbo S maps or the 480HP GT2 maps. Of course they will charge you a few thousand dollars for these (even though they have done almost no work) and they will not be able to offer any other modifcations to the ECU other than maybe adjust the rev limiter.

Some companies even boldly tell you they are charging you $2500 to flash your ECU with a Tubro-S or GT2 map - what exactly are they charging you for? Piracy? Why not just buy a legal Turbo-S or GT2 ECU directly from Porsche?

I wish these cars were cheaper to modify, but prices are often set by what people are willing to pay.

Andy.
Old 12-03-2003 | 05:28 PM
mb97tts
Racer

Andy,

I have a little experience with the S ECU!! If you called to buy a factory unit they would quote you 8k or more.

So I think remapping is a little more cost effective!!!

Quick Reply: Isnīt the parameters of I stage 440Hp tuners provide, a simple 430HP original ECU ?