Sponsored by:

993 Seat Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 04:15 AM
kyle951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 Seat Malfunction

The drivers seat in my 95 993 goes sideways when I move it forward and back. the height adjustment for the front and rear of the seats seem to be working fine. Could someone please let me know if its a cable issue or more of a motor issue that is causing the problem. It was working fine earlier today but when I went to adjust it this evening that is when I encountered the problem.

Thanks
Kyle
Old 07-16-2017, 11:11 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,065 Posts

If you are speaking of the manual lever over all sliding issue, one of the position locks under the seat is not engaging. Likely an easy to see issue and fix once you remove the seat from the car and look at it.

If it is a power movement on the seat you will need to remove the seat anyway to look at it.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:11 PM
kyle951
Instructor

It is the power movement on the seat.The seat will not go all the way back and it twists sideways when you move it forward or back.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:50 PM
rrc715
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 84 Posts

Yes I had a similar issue. I reached under and manipulated the driving cable and found it was only activating one side which made the seat seem to twist and bind. Check the driving cable to ensure it isn't pulled out of one side of the seat motors. Once I did that I have had no further issues, I hope this helps.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:56 PM
911LeeN
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rrc715
Yes I had a similar issue. I reached under and manipulated the driving cable and found it was only activating one side which made the seat seem to twist and bind. Check the driving cable to ensure it isn't pulled out of one side of the seat motors. Once I did that I have had no further issues, I hope this helps.
+1

When I had my car detailed a few years ago, the cable somehow became detached on one side, which made the seat go sideways (i.e., towards the center console) when moving forward/backwards. I inserted the cable back into into the proper tube/track under the seat and everything went back to normal.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:43 PM
Voltan
AutoX

If what you are describing is one side of the seat moving forward and the other not, and thus "twisting," then it's probably a cable that has either come loose or, more likely, broken. The cables are like wound metal, and they "unthread" themselves. If it looks frayed, then it's fried. Attached is a picture of a crapped-out cable (bottom) and the new one (top). The black tube is the sleeve.

I just replaced the cables in mine. It was an easy fix. First one took 30 minutes, second took 3 minutes. No need to take the seat out. There are some threads on here describing it. Just make sure that the new cable is seated properly, and make sure that the seat itself is lined up and not cockeyed before replacing the cable.

Here is a walk-thru:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...wer_seats2.htm

Good luck!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 993 Seat Malfunction