993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension rehab

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017 | 05:19 PM
red67vert
Pro

To answer your original question, I recently went down this slope, and went with the Lemforder Bj's, and am very happy. They are quality pieces, search and you will see. Take Tlaloc's offer to help, and the thread by squidge for educational purposes. Results are amazing. Combine that with GR/SST Shifter, add a little Fabspeed/Fister....WHALA! There is no substitute :-)
Old 07-09-2017 | 12:13 PM
s2racer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by red67vert
To answer your original question, I recently went down this slope, and went with the Lemforder Bj's, and am very happy. They are quality pieces, search and you will see. Take Tlaloc's offer to help, and the thread by squidge for educational purposes. Results are amazing. Combine that with GR/SST Shifter, add a little Fabspeed/Fister....WHALA! There is no substitute :-)
Thanks for all the suggestions, and the answer to the question that started it all. Good points on the doing the rears at the same time. I'll probably send the struts to Bilstein for R&R. Once all the new pieces are in, we'll get to alignment.

This is a great place!

Marc
Old 07-11-2017 | 12:46 PM
95_993
Race Car

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
Some aren't aware that a huge part of the cars handling, is from the rear. It's handling a bit more force (even without steering input) than you'd imagine. Don't ignore it!
Overboosted is so right. RS motor mounts, tarrett rear links, etc made such difference in "tightening" up the feeling of the whole car, that it highlighted that I now need to tighten up the front end the same way (ie inner tie rods ends flexing). Subtle but there. Will likely be getting on the list to for the cross-pinning tool.
Old 07-11-2017 | 12:52 PM
Tlaloc75
Three Wheelin'

Funny how tightening one end makes the other end so much more apparent! Its most cost effective to do it all at once, but it can be interesting to do a set of parts independently, drive the car to see how it feels, then do the next set.

Also will make troubleshooting easier in the future, you know how each part feels before and after.

But... it means you will be paying for a lot of alignments. I've also learned that it can be a long process to dial in the suspension once you are done, including alignment settings tweaks, tire pressures, shock settings, corner balance and ride height optimization. If you enjoy the process you can have fun with it. If you don't enjoy it, then doing this multiple times could be painful.

I enjoyed the process and learned a lot by trying different options and discovering how each change made my car feel.

Quick Reply: Suspension rehab