Sponsored by:

Fault Codes on '95 993 OBDI

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 02:55 PM
07C4S
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ToreB
The 993 CCU does not supervise the oil cooler and condenser fans, and fault codes 41 and 42 will never appear on a 993 CCU.

These fans are supervised in the Porsche 964, but the two CCU I/O-lines was used for the reverse gear detection input and outside temp sensor in the 993. I guess the engineers had long discussions on the removal of the oil cooler fan supervision circuit, it must have been a really tough decision.

Cheers,
Tore
Tore,

This relates to the same A/C issue from my earlier post. I replaced both the resistors and now the fans work. My A/C still wasn't cool with the compressor kicking on/off constantly. This morning I took the car to a great indy shop in Chicago and had them check the R134. We actually went a step further and drained the system, put it under a vacuum, checked for leaks, and re-filled. The freon and all the plumbing is fine. Didn't fix the problem - the compressor still kicks on and off constantly. On for a few seconds and then off for 15-20.

I then noticed this in the ScanTool - Actual Values are null. Should this be updating???

I'm wondering if the CCU is broken? The mechanic also mentioned changing the temperature sensor as a good next step.

Thanks!

Old 07-24-2019, 03:04 PM
07C4S
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

One more thing - probably just a bulb or LED but thought I would point it out. When the small/lower snowflake button is pressed the light in the button doesn't illuminate. Probably inconsequential but wanted to mention it.

Quick Reply: Fault Codes on '95 993 OBDI