993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Complete susp.Overhaul, Elephant, AST coil,Wevo+Tramont.RStribute

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017 | 10:04 AM
LimeyBoy
Rennlist Member

You a busy boy with two decent projects on the go (see: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...but-i-did.html for )
Thanks for taking the time to post with all the pictures, it is very cool to tag along with you.
Old 05-27-2017 | 05:07 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by P-daddy
Wow, the after shots look fantastic!
Thank you, it was very fun to get under the car and clean her up, 21yrs of junk built up can't be healthy for the car. Best bang per buck and most rewarding 1lb reduction mod i've done.

Originally Posted by LimeyBoy
You a busy boy with two decent projects on the go (see: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...but-i-did.html for )
Thanks for taking the time to post with all the pictures, it is very cool to tag along with you.
Your very welcome Sir!! glad your enjoying it and appreciate the support. cool stuff coming up soon.
Old 05-27-2017 | 08:07 PM
Knight
Drifting

This sounds like it's going to be a very nice RS tribute build, welcome to 993 ownership!

Jesus your 991RS manual conversion is something completely out of today's norm, I applaud you for such move and sharing it with the community.

The last 993RS tribute in red that had some very nice touches I recall per below link - some exterior stuff for your consideration are the front and rear euro bumpers (contains no bumperettes), amber tail lights/front signals etc. I do think the Recaro Pole Positions fit very nicely and period correct in the 993 too. Hope his list can aid your build.

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...t-tribute.html
Old 05-28-2017 | 12:50 AM
gw911nine97
Instructor

great job! Was your car on a hoist or jack stands when you performed the cleaning??
Old 05-28-2017 | 07:34 AM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by Knight
This sounds like it's going to be a very nice RS tribute build, welcome to 993 ownership!

Jesus your 991RS manual conversion is something completely out of today's norm, I applaud you for such move and sharing it with the community.
I
The last 993RS tribute in red that had some very nice touches I recall per below link - some exterior stuff for your consideration are the front and rear euro bumpers (contains no bumperettes), amber tail lights/front signals etc. I do think the Recaro Pole Positions fit very nicely and period correct in the 993 too. Hope his list can aid your build.

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...t-tribute.html
Thank you very much, I'm trying to do step by step accordingly and somewhat as close to RS as possible, just don't know how far to push the clone part without losing the usability of the car, these are such great drivers. Thank you for welcoming me to the community , I've been really enjoying my new dive into the aircooled world. It's amazing seeing the evolvement of the 911 in the 993 and even being a much newer car than one from the early sixties it still has an old school feel to it and love it . Thanks and I really appreciate the interest and support with my 991RS build. It's my way of correcting Porsches mistake and offering an auto only .

That tribute your referencing is a beautiful car and have used it as a reference point for my build , even used his shop Performance Eurowerks! Lol
thanks for the advice and feedback .

Originally Posted by gw911nine97
great job! Was your car on a hoist or jack stands when you performed the cleaning??
thank you sir, had it on my hoist but I'm sure it can be done on stands with a stubby wand on a pressure washer, some eye protection and a bathing suite will forsure be drenched by the end.
Old 12-19-2018 | 12:48 AM
Elfer1
Rennlist Member

Digging up an old thread... curious how you like the AST coilovers? Considering them myself.

Quick Reply: 993 Complete susp.Overhaul, Elephant, AST coil,Wevo+Tramont.RStribute