importing Porsche from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 10:13 PM
CanuckCanuck
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
i have imported canadian cars to usa 3x in the last 8 years

gauge in kph/mph can be ok'd if the digital part of gauge can be set to mph, like the newer porsches - if it is the actual analog gauge face it may need to be replaced

you may also need a certification letter from PCNA

it is not too onerous a process but you need to know what you are doing, and have the right paperwork and forms and be in contact with the officer at the border where you are crossing

of course you can pay the shipper/broker to do all this as well - they will happily take your $
Thanks golfnutintib!

There is a digital reading that can indeed be changed to mph. What do you mean analog gauge face? Aren't all the Porsches with an analog gauge face and an additional digital speedometer where the digital speedometer can be changed? I haven't gotten the vehicle yet as they're going to start delivering them in June, I've heard its the panemera and new cayenne type gauge face.
I've had a hard time finding a shipper/broker who deals with individuals. I talked to ADRutherford but their vehicle lot (where it apparently needs to sit in for 30 days and will cost $1,000) is in north Dakota and I'm driving this vehicle from Chicago to Toronto so north dakota is no Bueno. they also said I'd need to replace the instrument cluster (Porsche dealer says this costs about $5k+ so thats kinda cost prohibitive). Can you recommend an importer/shipper?
Thanks!
Old 04-19-2020, 07:18 PM
993nut
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mph gauge

If the Canadian car is equipped with the digital gauge (996 cluster) that can be switched to mph but the analog part still only shows kph. Do I need to switch out the analog part to have it imported to USA? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
i have imported canadian cars to usa 3x in the last 8 years

gauge in kph/mph can be ok'd if the digital part of gauge can be set to mph, like the newer porsches - if it is the actual analog gauge face it may need to be replaced

you may also need a certification letter from PCNA

it is not too onerous a process but you need to know what you are doing, and have the right paperwork and forms and be in contact with the officer at the border where you are crossing

of course you can pay the shipper/broker to do all this as well - they will happily take your $
Old 11-17-2020, 10:08 PM
py0413
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 36 Posts

Oops, wrong post. Plz ignore this post.

Last edited by py0413; 11-17-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Quick Reply: importing Porsche from Canada