do you like your gray interior?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my Classic grey interior. More pershible than black, but very nice with the Arena Red exterior.

It is stricly personal preference - many like the Cashmere interior color, I don't. Personal preference is why our cars came in all different colors.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:43 PM
FastMaz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had recently purchased a '97 Arena Red C4S w/ a gray interior and had reservations about the gray. It has grown on me since and I am very happy with the combination.

Interior color compatability depends alot on the exterior color. Porsche has a color chart that prioritizes (their preference) interior colors to exterior colors.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:18 AM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my Glacier White with grey interior.

jv
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2003, 10:24 AM
NRK
Advanced

Question

Two interior questions: do the gray or gray/blue cars also have a grey headliner? My Aventurine green with black interior is dark feeling, despite using aftermarket gray carpet mats. Is replacing the headliner a difficult job for a qualified bodyshop without removing glass, interior, etc.?

Thanks
Old 11-18-2003, 10:39 AM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 689 Likes on 489 Posts

My gray/blue interior has a blue headliner. I think that someone did their own headliner on the 964 board, you may be able to search and find the post. I would imagine that any qualified body shop would be able to do the job.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:41 PM
Susa
3rd Gear

I have the grey and as soon as I can afford it, it will be replaced with black. The grey on the shifter, parking brake, and seats shows wear too easily. My car would look much better if it were all black.
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Tech-Law
Pro

The Porsche gray is not particularly attractive INMO - my father's 944T had it and I thought it looked very cheap.

This was the only interior color I ruled out while I was shopping.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Cy
Racer

Personally, I was looking for a grey interior when I was shopping for my car. I didn't like the brown at all . . . I avoided cars with brown and it could have been a deal breaker for me even if I'd found a car I liked that had it. And while black looks nice, being in the South I didn't want to live with a black exterior (hot and maintenance) or interior (hot). Although, black didn't prevent me from looking at cars and I would have bought the right car if it had a black interior. I would have considered most any other color (blue, red, etc.) depending on the color of the exterior. (Keep in mind that I was shopping 3 - 4 years ago and there didn't appear to be the supply there is today . . . and it wasn't a buyers market.)

Also, the grey doesn't show day-to-day dirt like black can . . . of course, you have to be careful with grease, oil, drinks, and other things that cause dark stains. I'm always parked covered so I don't worry about tracking much dirt, water, etc. into the car. Further, my entire interior is grey, headliner and all.

Regards,
Old 12-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don C,

My car has black interior but the front seats have classic grey inlays which to me are attractive. I think both grey interiors and black interiors are very attractive. Really is just a matter of taste so as you probably know you should just get whatever you like.

Old 12-02-2003, 09:17 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi Don,

My old 3.2 was Grand Prix White with full black sports interior which I loved. Consequently, when I was looking for my silver or blue 993 I was initially looking for a black interior. Needless to say I found a very sound polar silver car with marble grey and went for it. It has a black dash and black floor mats and to be honest I think I prefer it now as it feels a lot less gloomy in the car and it definitely doen't get so hot in the summer. At the end of the day you should see the car and then decide as, as others have posted here, it's one thing saying you must have this colour or that and it's another seeing it in the flesh. Did I mention that I was dead set against a white 3.2 until I saw it and then all that contrasting black and white made me want it on the spot. Have a good look round and try to keep an open mind and it'll give you a few more good cars to look at....

Good luck!

Cheers,

David

Old 12-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have a glacier white car with classic grey. Love the combo. Just put in a three spoke wheel in graphite grey and the car looks good. As been said color is subjective. get what turns you on. To me car condition should be the main deciding factor. mike W
Old 12-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Ron - you have RS seats envy

its Christmas soon...anyone selling?

Old 12-03-2003, 01:00 AM
superpat
Advanced

Reposting this question here, as this thread seems to be pretty active...

My interior code is 'PJ' - does anyone know if this is marble grey or classic grey??? Have googled long and hard without success...

Cheers,

Pat
Old 12-03-2003, 01:27 AM
max911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts

http://www.993faq.com/archives/cat_interior.html#000255

do you have any pictures of your interior?? are you sure it is PJ, not PT?

max
Old 12-03-2003, 01:41 AM
superpat
Advanced

Originally posted by max911
http://www.993faq.com/archives/cat_interior.html#000255

do you have any pictures of your interior?? are you sure it is PJ, not PT?

max
I'll double check in the morning, but I'm pretty sure it said PJ...

Anyway, here's a pic:
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: do you like your gray interior?