993 Forum 1995-1998

Body /Paint shop recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 01:41 AM
DrZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Body /Paint shop recommendation

Does anyone know of an expert body/paint shop in Orange County,CA? I suspect that my 98 silver Cab has had some front end work not disclosed to me by the dealer. The Porshe mechanic in FL did not note anything unusual on the PPI but I should have been suspicious when he reported that the Lt. headlight vent was missing. The clear coat does not feel uniformly smooth around the headlight. I don't see any obvious body work and tire wear and handling appear fine. I am no expert however and feel a little violated by this dealer who claimed that this very low mileage car was perfect. A post purchase assesment from someone reputable hopefully will be reassuring. BTW the CarFax report did not identify any accident.
Old 02-27-2002, 11:07 AM
Mark in Hermosa
Burning Brakes

Don't know about OC, but you can take a trip up to West Los Angeles. Avi Coach Craft (speak to Avi) can probably help you and will. I think he is a nice guy and always willing to help.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:28 PM
Laura
Pro

Sir,

A great shop in Orange County to look at this car would be Deshlers in Orange. 1133 W. Taft just off the 57 Freeway. Ask for Tim @ 714 998-9256 and tell him Hergesheimer's referred you. He is excellent at spotting structural damage as well as cosmetic repairs. (Heaven forbid, but he has jig there if needed)

As for the repair as a result not showing up on Carfax, this is not all that uncommon on upper end cars. If this was a one car accident or possibe damage upon delivery of a car it may have not been turned into DMV or insurance. I have heard of owners spending up to 15K-20K of their own money rather than turning it in.

Good Luck.
Old 02-27-2002, 11:48 PM
DrZ
Racer

Thanks, I hope it is not too bad but still it odd to me that the clear coat problem is the only obvious flaw. I would think that would be the easy part of a repair job. I will post his findings.

Quick Reply: Body /Paint shop recommendation