Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kinesis Supercup rim polish/wax??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Kinesis Supercup rim polish/wax??

My new Supercups will arrive Monday. Can anyone suggest a polish for the rims and wax for the centers? And when you polish the rims how do you keep the bolts clean? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:38 PM
Brett - 1996 C4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've used Griot's Mag Wheel Polish and it seems to work pretty good.

These wheels came with the car from a PO. Don't even get me going on why the PO ordered Boxster offsets for a 993. That'll be $700 to fix when it comes to be PSS-9 time.

I've got to admit, these rims are a pain to keep polished. And keeping the bolts clean?

That is, unless you have your personal detail slave.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:48 AM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 32 Posts

They may be hard to clean but they are IMHO one of the nicest looking wheels for the 993. I was leaning toward them but I am using my car for a daily driver and my personal detail slave is only 10 years old and just a little careless so I opted for the turbo twists. Post some pictures when you have them on the car.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:13 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the tips and kind words. I would've really preferred the Speedline for Porsche 3.6T type, but the $$$ for them is, well, nuts. One thing, I'll be upgrading to Big Reds, and I'm glad I told Wheel Enhancement that when I ordered-seems the 17"s Kinesis Supercups in my std offset wouldn't clear normally, they have to fab them with room. Normally 17" stock wheels will clear Big Reds so I naturally thought these would too. I think I would've been supremely annoyed if I found out later.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:59 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the Supercups use a 17" face on the 18" wheel, WE probably had to get creative on the offset. As far as keeping the bolts clean, I have found the most effective way to clean them on my HRE's is not to let them get too dirty. After each drive, I will at the very least use a mini California Duster to clean them. Either that or spend the better part of a day with a toothbrush!

Quick Reply: Kinesis Supercup rim polish/wax??