Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Finally a legal Secondary Air Inj Fix!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 07:24 PM
Don't lift
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, relax......look at the bigger picture and don't let that tiny light bulb ruin any enjoyment of your fabulous ride! I have the same train of thoughts.......why spend good (or any)money to repair something which doesn't affect the performance and overall health? It is just an annoying thing! Mine comes on about every 7 - 10 days and I just reset it, if the frequency increases to a point I probably will consider pulling the bulb and scan for fault codes regularly. Well, thats my take on this for now. Happy motoring!!!

ecobb993, thks

--------------------
'97 blk/blk C2S
Old 11-20-2003, 07:42 PM
superpat
Advanced

My CEL story...

I'd never even seen the blasted thing light up until... The last day I had my previous 993 in the UK, I took one of my wife's friends out for a blast - she had never been in it, and wanted a turn before it disappeared. We went out for a good run - round a couple of roundabouts at high speed, down the dual carriageway, round some twisty bits etc. Returning from the trip, I dropped wife's friend off, parked up, switched off, went in to the house to fetch something, came back out, fired the car up again, and that damn light was on. I couldn't believe it - minutes before I was due to hand over the car to the consignment dealer who was selling it for me...

Grrr

Not the sort of thing you want a prospective buyer to see. Still, I think the dealer just reset the light, and said no more about it.

Pat
Old 11-20-2003, 08:31 PM
ecobb993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

superpat,

Was that a US spec model? If not, I'm suprised to hear about an OBDII equipped car in the UK.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:11 PM
superpat
Advanced

Originally posted by ecobb993
superpat,

Was that a US spec model? If not, I'm suprised to hear about an OBDII equipped car in the UK.
Nope - it was my UK spec 1995 C2. OBD-I as far as I know, but same Check Engine Light. Isn't it?

Pat
Old 11-20-2003, 09:37 PM
ecobb993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope,

The OBDI didn't check the secondary air injection system. I'm still surprised you had any OBD on a euro spec car.

Does anyone know how one gets a euro spec car through US emissions for registration? I thought imports had to be mechanically "upgraded" (if you want to call all our emissions garbage an upgrade) in order to be registered here.

Anyone?

Quick Reply: Finally a legal Secondary Air Inj Fix!