Sponsored by:

Bottom of front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 03:41 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Bottom of front bumper

I'm trying to align the bottom of my front bumper to get rid of the crooked smile, as I like to call it, on my 993 C2. I’ve fixed most of it, with one exception: the bottom part of the bumper that has the metal piece riveted to it (part number 993.505.737.00 for those interested) does not fit tightly onto the front bumper. Does this part have any rubber in it (mine does not)? I stole a picture from Robin’s web site (sorry!) and drew an arrow to the problem area. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

George
Old 02-26-2002, 03:54 PM
RT7
Burning Brakes

George A:

You may want to remove the bumper cover and re-align it again. Do not lock down the screws on both sides until you have the front align (top and bottom). In some instant, you may have to loosen up the screws on one side to get things align.

One thing I've learned, putting a Porsche bumper cover along with fender liners is like a work of art. Everything has to be manually contoured unlike other cars where you can just align the pieces and bolt on easily.

Peace!
Ron
Old 02-26-2002, 03:59 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
There are no rubber strip inside the clip. The clip just clips over the edge of the bottom front pan. You might need to pull the bumper bottom part off a little and squeeze the c shaped clip with a pair of plier and get them closer together in order to get a tighter fit.
Old 02-26-2002, 04:05 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, not a bad idea. I'll try it tonight.

George

Quick Reply: Bottom of front bumper