Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPI Recommendation in Evansville, IN

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003 | 08:58 AM
Richard Kent
Advanced

Default PPI Recommendation in Evansville, IN

I am in the process of purchasing a 993tt from Buxton Motorsports and he would like to take it to an independent in Evansville, IN instead of the Porsche dealership. I have no problem with that but would like a recommendation of an independent other than his.
Anyone purchase a car from Buxton Motors? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2003 | 10:53 AM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Brian's one of the good guys ! Really...

Long time rennlist member - I would buy from him sight unseen ! He'd have too much to lose in terms of reputation doing bum deals.
Old 11-13-2003 | 11:32 AM
Stu
Instructor

I purchased a Ferrari from Buxton about three years ago and my experience was not a totally positive one. The car was NOT as described and there was a very critical issue not disclosed that could have easily been considered fraud. Send me an email and I'd be happy to discuss the specifics with you.

I did have the car inspected at a place a few hours away - can't remember the name of the shop but the owner's name is Brian Stewart. I'm sure Buxton will know who his is. Anyway, Brian Stewart did a great job on the PPI for me, was reasonable, and seems very experienced with most exotics.

Good luck!
Old 11-13-2003 | 11:32 AM
Richard Kent
Advanced

Greg,
Thanks for the reply, that was my impression in my dealings with him so far. Your feedback just gave me a little more peace of mind. thanks again
Old 11-13-2003 | 12:39 PM
Stu
Instructor

Richard,

The shop is called Auto Car Sports Inc, - 2008 Cherry St., Noblesville. Again, Brian Stewart is the owner.
Old 11-13-2003 | 11:37 PM
bet
Drifting

I live in Evansville, IN. The choices are limited for PPI's. The dealership is not the best choice. When I have work done that I don't do myself I take it to Foreign Performance. Danny (owner) is a former Porsche Tech at the delearship (many years ago) before going out on his own.

Noblesville is a good 3 1/2 hours away and is approximately 400 miles round trip from Evansville. Louisville, KY is closer.

Let me know if you would like anymore information or to look at the car. I have no experience with Turbo's but I can give you an impression on looks. Or I could test drive it

Quick Reply: PPI Recommendation in Evansville, IN