Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Great American 993s for Sale + Price Discussion Thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/984348-great-american-993s-for-sale-price-discussion-thread.html)

mdude 03-27-2020 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by JAB12 (Post 16509456)
As I mentioned earlier, your unsolicited thought is welcome. IF.... BiG IF, I sell, trust me it will not be to a dealer. And it is both or nothing...… KOW, do not need to sell, just understand that our time with these cars is ephemeral….. and interests wander off.
@u7t2p7 Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

1st off, ultimately your cars, your decision. I respect that.
But in the interest of maximizing sale price and clientale, and given most non-dealer buyers in the market are looking for 1 but not 2 p-cars (there're only so many Rudys out there...), would you not be hurting your own bottom line by insisting of selling them as a pair?

JAB12 03-27-2020 10:39 PM

@Mdude: Simple answer is no. When I joined RL my signature line was empty. Buyers like me may be in the oddity but they are out there. So I respect the singular position of 1 vs the two, it does not mean that anyone needs to abide by it. This would be akin to dating that hot lady that also happens to be a single mom. It is a package deal.

911F1 03-30-2020 12:56 PM

Looks like the 993 market is alive and well on BAT

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-72/

HelpMeHelpU 03-30-2020 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by 911F1 (Post 16514011)
Looks like the 993 market is alive and well on BAT

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-72/

Much as I would love for that to be the case, I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from one data point. But we can hope.

911F1 03-30-2020 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU (Post 16514914)
Much as I would love for that to be the case, I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from one data point. But we can hope.

The salvaged car sold for $40k. I see a few more on the money as well. As of late, looks ok.

JAB12 03-30-2020 10:59 PM

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a 65k+ mile narrow body grab anything close to $60K, this yellow one probably will surpass that. I guess that is pretty healthy for a single marker transaction. I’m loving it. Let’s keep being optimistic.

P-daddy 03-31-2020 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by JAB12 (Post 16515206)
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a 65k+ mile narrow body grab anything close to $60K, this yellow one probably will surpass that. I guess that is pretty healthy for a single marker transaction. I’m loving it. Let’s keep being optimistic.

It just sold for $61k not including fees

JAB12 03-31-2020 06:55 PM

Buy the seller not the car...

Don’t think a ‘regular folk’ on BAT would’ve achieved that sale price for that car, despite the ‘95 OBDI and Speed Yellow color rarity.

US 993 owners should be happy to see this. I know I am.

DutchNy 03-31-2020 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by JAB12 (Post 16516833)

Don’t think a ‘regular folk’ on BAT would’ve achieved that sale price for that car, despite the ‘95 OBDI and Speed Yellow color rarity.

Seller is local to me, I see him always listing P cars. Looks like he flips them, dont know if he puts any money or not to them.

HelpMeHelpU 03-31-2020 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by DutchNy (Post 16516928)
Seller is local to me, I see him always listing P cars. Looks like he flips them, dont know if he puts any money or not to them.

Reach out and get to know him. He seems like a great guy and very knowledgable on how to sell these cars. He's an enthusiast and a great marketer--wouldn't be the first person with those traits to make money.

When I was a kid, I had a skateboard business. I used to buy new boards all the time, use them a few weeks or more and sell them for more than I paid for them. It's called a business. If I had been called a skateboard flipper, so be it. (I was a skateboard flipper--I did kickflips all the time!)

Tarek307 03-31-2020 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by JAB12 (Post 16516833)

Thanks buddy. , i figured this would be discussed here, that was a fun auction, and it went to a great buyer FYI, he already has a Speed Yellow GT4 and loves these cars.

Originally Posted by DutchNy (Post 16516928)

I don't "Flip" anything i buy cars that i personally like, maybe 1-3 max a month, i spend a lot of money & time sorting them out, cosmetically & mechanically whatever they need, i drive the heck out of them and put them through their paces, then i make very detailed transparent ads and list the cars for sale (i have a dealers license) If you're local, there are a few enthusiasts that live here in Belmont Shore, Long Beach.​​​​​ Turning your passion into your daily work is a lot of fun! ..

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU (Post 16516972)
Reach out and get to know him. He seems like a great guy and very knowledgable on how to sell these cars. He's an enthusiast and a great marketer--wouldn't be the first person with those traits to make money.

When I was a kid, I had a skateboard business. I used to buy new boards all the time, use them a few weeks or more and sell them for more than I paid for them. It's called a business. If I had been called a skateboard flipper, so be it. (I was a skateboard flipper--I did kickflips all the time!)

Thanks & very well put!

Edward 04-01-2020 01:09 PM

^^^More power to you, sir! A "passion" makes for the start of a great business model ...then comes the hard work!

Honest entrepreneurship must always be applauded, if not admired. Well done! :cheers:

Edward

gmorat 04-01-2020 01:41 PM

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd...101830853.html

No idea what Fern white is but a lovely car!

G

tstafford 04-01-2020 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by gmorat (Post 16518248)
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd...101830853.html

No idea what Fern white is but a lovely car!

G

And priced very well, right?

junior tractor 04-01-2020 09:22 PM

New to this 993 thread. Have 97' 2S Coupe, low miles (less than 50K), 6-spd manual. Lost file with specifics but have the clean title. Don't need to sell it, even in this environment, but my wife has been patience with our order on a 992 which is on a ship in the open water as we speak. I'm looking forward to the comparison between the 992S against the 991.2 GTS that I sold last year. From the posts I have seen here it sounds like a close match, except maybe more comfort in the 992 (please no rattles).

Getting back to the 993, it is about a 8 out of 10 on both interior and exterior. It will not easily be made into concourse condition, but neither is it 'diamond in the rough'. Middle of the road $50K? (I know the market used to higher).