993 Forum 1995-1998

Diagnostic test on 911

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 09:14 PM
webave
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Diagnostic test on 911

I am looking to purchase a used 911, I need some advice from someone that has been there before. Is it possible to take a used 911 to a porsche dealer in order for them to run a "diagnostic" test to make sure everything is in working order? Approximately how much does this cost?
Old 10-23-2002, 12:38 PM
tom_993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes. In fact, if it qualifies, you can get an official Porsche used car warranty. I don’t know the qualifications, but it only applies to recent cars (does someone know the year?), less than a certain mileage, etc. You might also need to buy the used car from a dealer to get the used car warranty, but I’m not sure about that.

Another option is to take the car to a local independent for a “PPI,” or pre-purchase inspection. Make sure you pay for this yourself, rather than having the seller pay for it. That way, the mechanic is working for you, not the seller. Many of us on this board prefer independents over the official dealers, so this might be the better option.

Perhaps someone from the San Antonio area can recommend an independent. You can also contact the local chapter of the PCA for recommendations.

Good Luck!

Tom
’95 993

Quick Reply: Diagnostic test on 911