Sponsored by:

New PSS9's and TRG Sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 12:33 AM
Pete K
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New PSS9's and TRG Sway bars

Well I finally did it, last week I had to be in Sonoma enroute to a track day I was insructing at in Portland. Well I couldn't show up in Portland with my SUV Porsche now could I. I had the Racers Group install the PSS9 set up with there 25mm and 22mm bars.
In a word... Awesome. The car handles much better, turn in is more precise, the car sets after initial turn, hooks up and goes. On the street the car is smoother, and more sure footed.
I did have a little excitement the first time I used it on track though, I was on my fourth lap at PIR going down the back straight. When I turned left at turn 10 the backend snapped and we did this huge spin at about 90mph. Interesting to say the least. I for the life of me could not figure out what I had done wrong until I got back to the pits and noticed that the RR tire had a whole in it and was down 12 pounds.

After picture enclosed.

Pete
Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2003, 01:24 AM
ApexL8
Burning Brakes

That sounds hairy Pete, I'm glad you and the car are OK.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:11 AM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pete...Car looks really GOOD now...sits where it was always meant to! Rims look great too. The PSS-9's are the way to go!!!! Glad you only had a wild ride and no damage. I have my car at Eurotech getting Gert's Euro turbo front bumper installed and painted. Anyway...email me with your new email address, my address book got wiped out. Is that the new house your car is in front of?
Old 11-11-2003, 02:28 AM
Pete K
Pro

Hey Randy,
info is enroute, your car is going to look great with the Euro look.

Yes that is the new house.

Pete
Old 11-11-2003, 03:39 AM
RSAErick
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: New PSS9's and TRG Sway bars

Originally posted by Pete K
... I was on my fourth lap at PIR going down the back straight. When I turned left at turn 10 the backend snapped and we did this huge spin at about 90mph. Interesting to say the least. ...
Yikes! That's a very scary place to have something go wrong. Glad you escaped damage-free.

Erick
Old 11-11-2003, 04:02 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hey pete---

was going to ask you if the spin gave you flat spots in your tires...???

did the spin cause the hole in your rr tire or did it blowout causing your spin?

must have been a scare.... does your tt have "psm"?

BTW: damn fine p_car!!! looks even sweeter lower.

thx

rich

had a spin out @ 60 in the 986... scared the $hit outta me..... can't imagine 90+!!
Old 11-11-2003, 04:29 AM
Pete K
Pro

Rich,
Thanks for the comments, the spin was caused by the nail hole in the RR tire. My job for the day was to run the instructors that were working excersises for the beginners. While doing this I was driving my car around the paddock and I think I picked up a nail or screw at that time.
For those that know Portland, as you turn into 10 you go over a wide, low berm. Just as the left front touched the berm and I loaded the rear by giving a little gas (the point of using the berm is to create a small straight) the car snap spined and as I was watching the wrong scenery go by I kept seeing visons of the car hitting something but luckily all that happend was that we went accross the outside berm, through the grass and spun back onto the track facing the correct direction but moving at about 15 mph.
I pulled into the pits to make sure we had no damage then did one more lap off pace to cool the brakes down.
I went back to the paddock to check things out and to talk with my passenger who just happens to be a world speed channel touring car driver about what happend and as we were both scratching our heads wondering how I did that as I had been building speed slowly and was not at full clip yet, I heard the tire leaking. Problem solved.
I consider myself very lucky. No damage, not even a flat spot on the new Pilot Sport Cups.

The rest of the day I was very nervous, but as I got more familiar with the car and did some adjustments on the shocks and air pressures the car felt much better and Sunday I was back to rocketing around at a pretty good clip. It's pretty cool having a race driver/engineer in the paddock to help you debrief at the end of each run.

Erick, I grew up in Bellevue, Somerset actually. Were do you live?

Pete

Quick Reply: New PSS9's and TRG Sway bars