Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DC/MD/NoVA Rennlist gathering today w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 10:33 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, from that picture, ide swear i have some scary competition in the 944 category next concours season! We never get enough entries, so they stick me with 928s, 924s, and 968s as a whole.

If anyone is interested, and PCA, there is a drive next sunday through country roads in virginia i believe. Gotta have reservations i think. Check out our local Potomac Region for details.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Par911
Advanced

That was what I was afraid of, it looks like you all had a fun time. Unfortunately I couldn't make it, my fuse block was still in the process of being replaced. I will be attending the PCA drive, got to get some seat time in before the snow hits our area. Here's the link for the PCA event:
http://pcapotomac.org/pca/html/socia...eAndDine.shtml
Old 11-10-2003, 11:23 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

All,

That was an absolutely great day! It was perfect weather, so much fun hanging out meeting all of my cyber-friends, talking about PCars, driving 70 with the Police Chopper, and having a great brunch on the marina in Annapolis.

These drives are always so much fun and end up being so expensive. Not on the day of the drive, but they push you to figure out how to put aside more $ for wheels, suspensions, exhaust, sport seats, rollbars, chips, etc. Ouch!

Steve - thanks for organizing!

Everyone has posted great pics and it was more fun than can be explained. I look forward to the next drive in the near future (probably spring).

Skip
Old 11-10-2003, 11:49 AM
wht993cabrio
Addict
Rennlist Member

John H,

My son's eyes did glaze over at all the Porsches, but my eyes glazed over when you pulled in with the blk/blk TT.

My wife always asks what I want for Christmas and I always tell her I don't need anything.

She's going to be $orry when she asks in TThe next few weeks.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:09 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally posted by wht993cabrio
John H,

My son's eyes did glaze over at all the Porsches, but my eyes glazed over when you pulled in with the blk/blk TT.

My wife always asks what I want for Christmas and I always tell her I don't need anything.

She's going to be $orry when she asks in TThe next few weeks.

Ha!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 12:10 PM
chuckw911e
AutoX

Hi,

Here is a picture of the 69 911e. I enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing all of the 993s. I'd like to get one some day!

Chuck
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Glad you could make it, Chuck. Sorry, I think I referred to your car as a "T".
Old 11-10-2003, 12:31 PM
chuckw911e
AutoX

Originally posted by Mark in Baltimore
Glad you could make it, Chuck. Sorry, I think I referred to your car as a "T".
Well at least you didn't call it a volkswagon I get that from time to time.
And I'm glad I could make it as well....I bought the car in July 2002 and it's just getting on the road after the motor swap and related work. Sunday was a great day to drive a P-car.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:48 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

John H, you are right. I am very lucky to be associated with such a great group of people - both on this board and PPBB. It was great meeting everyone and with such a love for P-cars, I couldn't be luckier. Not to mention the TT's - I got to drool over, wow.

Hopefully there will be some more runs before spring - I will try to make it but I was just notified by my company that I will be out in WA from Dec to Feb - But I will be back on some weekends so I'm up!!
Old 11-11-2003, 12:36 AM
SLVR
Pro

Hey guys, looks like a really cool drive. Sorry I couldn't make it, my TT is in a container awaiting the trip across the Atlantic :-(. Coming in a beamer would have been blasphemous...

Steve - congrats, looks like you organized an excellent itinery!!
Old 11-11-2003, 02:49 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Really fun to see pics from other Rennlist gatherings around the country. I feel bad for you all thinking that you will have to wait for the Spring to do it again. That sounds really painful.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:11 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Actually, using the Farmer's Almanac and a little bit of luck , we could EASILY do a winter Meet and Drive through the country somewhere this February with a back-up date (maybe a week later) in case it snows/sleets or if there's still tons of salt on the roads. Let's show the other regions that we're not afraid of Mr Old Man Winter. Our cars are tough and can easily be driven year round', steering clear of those days just after a huge snowfall/ice storm when the salt is heavy on the pavement. All you need is a good hose and some elbow grease after the drive to clean up our cars at the end of the day. I drive my car all winter as long as the roads are salt free and weather free.

Waiting till Spring isn't necesary after all for "the few, the proud, the ... Mid Atlantic State Rennlisters!"

Who's up to the challenge? Mark from Baltimore - are you listening? I know you are!

Steve
Old 11-11-2003, 09:15 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Steve,

You can count me in. I also drive my car year round.

-SKip
Old 11-11-2003, 09:16 AM
msobota
Advanced

I didn't expect to have so much fun. Thanks Steve for arranging this. It was so cool to see all you guys as jazzed about your ride as I am. My significantly better talked for weeks about the grin I was sporting for after I purchased my 993tt.

Now I know what she was talking about as each of you guys drove up wearing a "This car rocks" grin or your own.

Thanks John H for treating me to that little drag race. It was just what I needed. It helped me to deal with my sadness over the rubbing tires.

The cars were beautiful. Bob with the Gemballa wheels and Mark with the sweet sounding tough looking track ready 993.

Next time, I am in for the lunch and ride.

Mike Sobota
Old 11-11-2003, 09:54 AM
wht993cabrio
Addict
Rennlist Member

Weather permittting...I'm definitely in!

Quick Reply: DC/MD/NoVA Rennlist gathering today w/pics