Default California Here We Come

Right back where I started from...
Old 08-09-2017, 01:48 AM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nashville to Newport Beach. Made it!

The following 2 users liked this post by vincer77:
abarthguy (10-26-2021), M. Schneider (06-20-2022)
Old 08-16-2017, 10:44 PM
newbierennlist
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 168glhs1986
I just text my broker. Have shipped 20 + hi end cars with her and never an issue.

usually she finds a truck same day and pickup is next day, sometimes that day, sometimes 2 days.

Her record is this for one of my E30 M3 Race Cars in California.. I wired funds at 10 am eastern time and texted her. She found a driver and the car was picked up at 5pm Eastern time. The car arrived safely 4 days later. It arrived so fast it beat the title here !

I routinely ship cars from California to Maryland for $1200 enclosed and professional all the way....although not sure what your price would be thou

LMK if you want her number.
Hello:

I need to ship from AZ to PA, can you please share the auto transport info?
Old 09-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Manda Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Response to newbie-- transporter possibly Avail.

I have a nice trailer and I want to buy a car in New York. Since I have time. I'm entertaining going to get it by myself. I can be sure the car gets home quicker. 4 days each way or less.

If I could get someone to pay fuel charge then I'd seriously consider it. And not go back there empty.

$1800 sounded reasonable but if I'm off the mark I'll listen to offers. I was thinking I80 but anywhere eastbound might work. I 40

My wife is working on a $4 mill real estate exchange and wants me gone; that's why I went to Monterey and ran LS the last two days. I could take off anytime.

OR. I can just call Intercity.
Attached Images  
Old 09-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Manda Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts
Default How about $1200 for transportation?

Just in case anyone still looking for their car hauled eastward.

I may change my tow vehicle since wife wants to go now.
Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2017, 09:49 PM
redantporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Floodj
OP, I have used Passport Transport several times. Good service, fair price. Intercity and Reliable are often busy with auctions and other large events. Passport is a smaller firm and often more flexible.

Vincer, I have towed my 993 many miles on my flat bed trailer. I kind of enjoy towing, but it is nerve wracking too. I towed my car from North Carolina to WA State a few years ago. I think it was the most cost effective way to move the car that far. I have used UHaul trailers before also. They are fine, they tow well. I would say make sure you get the road side service also, they don't always use the best tires.
Passport Transport is TERRIBLE. They billed my card, then never picked up the car, and I had to get the credit card company to refund my card because they wouldn't do it.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:18 PM
HisAndHers
3rd Gear

I've read most like Intercity and Reliable. I need to get a 996 cabriolet from the Bay Area in California to near Bozeman, Montana. Any other ideas on a company that goes North? Seems the majority are heading east. Winter is setting in so would want an enclosed and hopefully soon. I haven't made any calls yet, but plan to on Monday. Thanks for your advice!!
Old 12-22-2017, 09:41 PM
Tremelune
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by newbierennlist
Hello:

I need to ship from AZ to PA, can you please share the auto transport info?
Ditto.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:09 PM
umreth
2nd Gear

Default Car shipping

Hi,
I'm looking to bring my car groom Carolina to California Came across your post & was wondering if you'd share the contact info of the person you used.

Thank you

I just text my broker. Have shipped 20 + hi end cars with her and never an issue.

usually she finds a truck same day and pickup is next day, sometimes that day, sometimes 2 days.

Her record is this for one of my E30 M3 Race Cars in California.. I wired funds at 10 am eastern time and texted her. She found a driver and the car was picked up at 5pm Eastern time. The car arrived safely 4 days later. It arrived so fast it beat the title here !

I routinely ship cars from California to Maryland for $1200 enclosed and professional all the way....although not sure what your price would be thou

Old 08-09-2020, 08:02 PM
buckeye96
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Could you DM me their number? I need to get a car from Cali to NOVA.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:55 PM
Tremelune
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Or just post it so we all have the info.
The following users liked this post:
georgegervin44 (08-12-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 10:40 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 668 Posts

Had very good results with Reliable.
Mixed results with Intercity. One excellent experience, one negative experience where their driver stepped on the bright red leather driver’s seat of our Lambo and left a black greasy boot print, in addition to black grease from dirty hands on the red leather steering wheel, door card, etc. It all cleaned up with a good detailing but was not the way to start a trip (the car had shipped from Pittsburgh to Scottsdale for a vacation). That driver also lost our steering wheel cover which was there to protect from the dirty hands that left black marks everywhere.
The trip home (from Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch just outside Las Vegas) was perfect with a very conscientious Intercity driver.

Used Passport with good result but I think they’ve since been sold (maybe to Fedex).

Whomever you use, check that their cargo insurance covers the value of 6 expensive cars, and is current. Find out if the car is offloaded to a central warehouse. Some carriers drop them at a central warehouse to await a truck going in the direction of the destination. Every time it’s loaded/unloaded/reloaded increases the chance for a problem.

I also prefer using a company that owns the trucks and drivers are employees, or they exclusively contract with drivers. Plycar is a broker and you have no idea who is showing up. I’ve read several good accounts of Plycar’s service but when I called them they didn’t have the answers I wanted.

We paid extra for guaranteed dates when it was a vacation, or a track event, but if shipping without a deadline you are at the mercy of the carrier.

Reputable carriers will insist upon a pre-shipment condition report noting any imperfections in the car (inside and out). They’ll want another report upon delivery. Photos at both ends are helpful to verify condition before the car is loaded.

If the car is loaded on the bottom level of the truck (with cars overhead), find out how they protect your car from leaks that may come from the cars up top.
Pay attention to dimension and width of wheels.

Find out what method they use to secure the car within the trailer. I had a friend whose carbon ceramic LAMBO brakes were damaged because the driver placed straps through the wheel spokes and cranked down and a rotor cracked, plus wheel was damaged. Also a mirror was ripped off because the clearance of the car width was barely narrower than the trailer opening.

Some carriers use a strap over the tire and secure to the track rather than put straps through wheel spokes which must be done very carefully to avoid damage (cosmetic or structural).

Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
mbracer (11-19-2021)
Old 08-10-2020, 10:46 PM
centerpunch
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 135 Posts

I used Reliable this year for a very low and very wide car, they were great. Secured with straps over the tires.

Last edited by centerpunch; 08-11-2020 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:02 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

Good results with Intercity. Only negative was when they dropped off my vehicle in Monterey for the Historic’s. With it being the last upper car, it received a bit of dust from the prior cars at Pebble. Odd it was even by concourse standards for the drop off to be in an area of dust. Vehicle was covered, but that only helped a bit.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:48 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 665 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage

I also prefer using a company that owns the trucks and drivers are employees, or they exclusively contract with drivers. Plycar is a broker and you have no idea who is showing up. I’ve read several good accounts of Plycar’s service but when I called them they didn’t have the answers I wanted.

Are you sure Plycar is a broker? From where did this info come?

I have actually seen many, many Plycar auto transport trucks on the road. It's possible they may outsource some routes but I believe they have their own trucks, etc.

Quick Reply: Car Transport