Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with Brey-Krause GT3/Recaro seat adapters?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 12:34 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts
Default Any experience with Brey-Krause GT3/Recaro seat adapters?

Does anyone have any experience with the B-K seat adapters for Recaro/GT3 seats in 993's? I bought a set of GT3's out of a Boxster and have read here that they can be difficult to fit. Somewhere, there is a thread by Kristoffer discussing his install issues but I can't find it. I want to be able to retain the sliding capability of the seats without losing much headroom. It's my understanding that the B-K's will take away about an inch of headroom. Is this true? How much will the GT3's drop me as opposed to the stock seats?

Joe at Brey-Krause said he thought the GT3 seats were a direct fit into the 993, but this contradicts what I've heard here.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-05-2003, 01:03 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Guess your researching for the 15th huh... Looking forward to the DIY day.

-Skip
Old 11-05-2003, 02:56 PM
tchanson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,

What BK brackets are you looking to use to mount your GT3's? This one that is intended to fit Pole Positions to Recaro sliders or this one that is intended to fit SPG's? I would imagine that the Pole Position brackets would be a closer fit with the GT3's than the SPG versions. Does BK make a specific GT3 bracket that I didn't see that will adapt the GT3's to fit standard 16" width 993 and earlier sliders, either Recaro or otherwise?

I purchased the 993 versions of the GT3's from Gert that included the 993 style brackets and sliders, but I would guess that you could use standard Recaro or Sparco sliders with one of the BK side mount brackets above (most likely the PP) to get the GT3's to fit. I don't think that the 993 style GT3 side brackets and sliders are available individually, but have you contacted Gert for his input on other alternatives to adapt the Boxster versions to your car?

The BK brackets above look a little taller than the factory GT3 993 side brackets, but I can't speak definitively about that. I didn't notice much of a significant difference in headroom after installing the GT3's with the the 993 style factory brackets, FWIW...

Good luck,
Tim
Old 11-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Skip - I wasn't planning on doing the seats on the 15th but, if we do, maybe you can come up to my house. As it stands now, we'll just do HID's at your place.

Tim - thanks for your help. The ones you've shown are, supposedly, not the ones I need. The ones for the 993 are model # R9079 for the driver and model # R9078 for the passenger. Yeah, I know it says they're made for the 996/Boxster but Joe says they're supposed to work.

Unless I get negative feedback on these brackets, I'll go ahead and buy 'em and try 'em.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:29 PM
Kristoffer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any experience with Brey-Krause GT3/Recaro seat adapters?

Originally posted by Mark in Baltimore
Somewhere, there is a thread by Kristoffer discussing his install issues but I can't find it.
Someone may have posted it but I didn't. Although I too would like to know because I am thinking about the GT3 seats also! I do have the BK truss for my seat belts & camera mount & I am very happy with there quality!!
Old 11-06-2003, 10:08 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Kristoffer,

Oops, sorry. I thought you had discussed this issue a few months ago. I guess that's why I couldn't find it.

Maybe it was Graham...

Quick Reply: Any experience with Brey-Krause GT3/Recaro seat adapters?