Sponsored by:

Southbeach Breakfast Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Kristoffer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AMG ETR:

I'm with you, I'm usually to hung over at that hour!! Thats why I have never made it. But I don't have plans to go out this Friday so I may make it for once.

You have some nice pictures of your car but I didn't see any on the track!!!! With a car like it would be a waste not to take her to the track for some real fun!!
Old 11-05-2003, 09:23 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Kristoffer
AMG ETR:

I'm with you, I'm usually to hung over at that hour!! Thats why I have never made it. But I don't have plans to go out this Friday so I may make it for once.

You have some nice pictures of your car but I didn't see any on the track!!!! With a car like it would be a waste not to take her to the track for some real fun!!
If I could get on a track I would!!!! I am only 17 tho, and all track events are at least 18 if not 21 . I used to race go karts, and I am dying to track my car....o well I will be 18 in April, I will get in some track time then...
Evan
Old 11-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Evan,

I'm with Optimo, getting to KK before 7 am shouldn't be a problem at all!

It's around 5.30 when me & Robin start and we're more than twice your age, @ 17, you should be able to skip couple of nights sleep without problems!

If you're there before 7 am, we haven't left yet so hopefully we'll see you there.

And I wouldn't count on Kristoffer...
Old 11-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Kristoffer
Pro

Originally posted by Flying Finn

And I wouldn't count on Kristoffer...
Old 11-05-2003, 10:22 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Well guys, don't count on me either, but my buddy lives between Oakland and Sunrise on A1A right on the beach, so maybe I will stay at his house Fri. night and meet up with ya guys then...I doubt it tho, but maybe somtime.
Evan
Old 11-06-2003, 10:40 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Petu,

Great idea, we'll have breakfast as usual and those that would like to go to the Auto Show can come along afterwards. Smith & Wollensky (Spell ?) if you're paying.

Terry,

You still on for the Auto Show? Mike (speeding ticket Mike) will be joining us and he's a shoe in for the show.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by MJSpeed
Petu,

Great idea, we'll have breakfast as usual and those that would like to go to the Auto Show can come along afterwards. Smith & Wollensky (Spell ?) if you're paying...
No no no, this is how it goes: it's 7&11 when it's my turn, D&D when your turn and S&W when Robin is paying, right?!

Good plan otherwise though.

...Mike (speeding ticket Mike)...
And it's our fault!
Old 11-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Skytop
Racer

Default Show first opens at 11:00 AM Saturday

The 33nd annual South Florida International Auto Show

Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Drive
Miami Beach, Florida 33140

Saturday, November 8, 11 a.m. - midnight;
Sunday, November 9, 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.;
http://www.sfliautoshow.com/info.cfm
Old 11-06-2003, 04:07 PM
Skytop
Racer

Default discounts for auto show

Note:
Show discount coupons available at Waldgreen's and McDonald's.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:08 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Great so Robin is paying!!! There's nothing like a good breakfast.

It's our fault we took off so fast....that's a classic, even more so because he didn't get the ticket...unbelievable!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 06:40 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Terry,

You still on for the Auto Show? Mike (speeding ticket Mike) will be joining us and he's a shoe in for the show.
I'll be there - with "rev limiter" in the passenger seat.
We're planning on going to the autoshow afterwards. Should be a good morning - see you guys in the A.M.!
Old 11-08-2003, 09:40 AM
OPTIMO
Instructor

I set my alarm for 4.30 this morning (after getting in bed around 2) because I thought it was at the KK down in Miami. I checked the thread and when I saw that it was between Oakland and Sunrise (maybe a mileor two from where I live) I got back in bed until 6.15. I was in the E46 cab. who segregated himself from the beautiful P-Cars. Unfortunately this has just solidified that I shouldn't just buy a 15k E30 M3 and be a bit more responsible when the E46 is paid off.

Driving through the tunnel behind you guys was absolutely incredible. I thought I was at the Porsche Cup race in Indy all over again. The red 993 sounds mean I'm going to have to take notes for when I get mine (probably this time next year).

Well, I couldn't show up and not contribute, so here are some pictures I took as I was drooling, great cars guys. That's my first time seeing a GT3 in person, too. I never realized how sharp white looked on a 993 either.

I wanted to get a shot of you guys going through that sweeper but there was a p.o.s. truck that would have ruined the shot. Check out the steady hand while rowing through my gears trying to keep up.
Enjoy:

Old 11-08-2003, 11:17 AM
Kristoffer
Pro

Optimo:

I was wondering what happened to you!! When we got to SOBE no one knew where you were!! Great Pictures!! I also took some pictures, can you email me yours? I will post them with mine on my website!!

Well as everyone knows this was my first time waking up in time (instead of going to bed at that time) to make the breakfast!! I must say I truly enjoyed it!! I think everyone in S. Florida (or your area) should make a honest attempt to attend!! It was nice to meet fellow Rennlister's & talk sh*t!! Not to mention the very cool convoy of cars!!

My wife suggested that in addition to the breakfast, we should try to meet on a Friday or Saturday night like some of the Motorcycle clubs do. She thinks it might increase the turn out. But either way I will make it to more SOBE breakfast clubs!!!
Old 11-08-2003, 11:22 AM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice pics optimo....sorry i missed out. again. didn't think it would be right showing up in the girlfriends honda, so we'll be there next month after i pick up the 951 from the shop this coming week. new head gasket - wheee!!

i'm walking over to the auto show now - i'll be sure slip some of those 'nice porsche' rennlist cards under the wipers of the SBBC members cars on the way. oh. wait. you guys already knew that!!!

looking forward to meeting you all soon!!
Old 11-08-2003, 11:35 AM
OPTIMO
Instructor

Optimo:
I was wondering what happened to you!! When we got to SOBE no one knew where you were!! Great Pictures!! I also took some pictures, can you email me yours? I will post them with mine on my website!!
Give me your address, they are in hi-res but the quality is not super great because of the vibration, and trying to steer.

I was so depressed of what I was driving that I took the 95N ramp at the split to go home and drink my sorrows away. Seriously though, I had some errands to run this morning and had to swing by the office for a minute.

My wife suggested that in addition to the breakfast, we should try to meet on a Friday or Saturday night like some of the Motorcycle clubs do. She thinks it might increase the turn out.
I think that's a good idea. I just moved from the DC area and a BMW group used to meet up for Friday night pool/dinner/cocktails/et cetera - and the turn out was very nice.

Seriously guys, your cars are beautiful and it's nice to see that you actually track your P-Cars. I'm counting down the days.

...and the guy with the black 993 with temp tags (sorry I'm terrible with names) thanks for all the useful buying info.

Quick Reply: Southbeach Breakfast Club