993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper pull off / position question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003 | 01:21 AM
Deano
Instructor

Default Wiper pull off / position question...

I am interested in pulling the wipers off my car. I miss the effect of seeing the bulging quarter panels guide my way (like the 964, 930 etc) in the front view.

I cant see any anything except flat. The wipers are really taking away a lot of viewing area.

Is it easy to pull them off and put back on in case of emergency?

What about flipping the position so it rests on the passenger side? I know when I stop the motor on the passenger side the wipers do not go as low as driver side.

Is it possible to flip it?

Thanks for the help ...
Old 11-05-2003 | 08:52 AM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Check this DIY procedure for flipping the blades over to the passenger side.

http://p-car.com/diy/wiper/

Andy
Old 11-05-2003 | 10:26 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

You can remove the wipers and install them if you really need them, it is really no big deal as long as you have the correct tools on hand.

I know few people that do this and they use Rain X on the windshield.
Old 11-05-2003 | 12:44 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

I reversed my wiper park position. It didn't work exactly like the procedure on Robin's site - I couldn't get to it from the trunk, I had to go in blind through the left gauge hole. (Those with bulky forearms need not apply.) It was the biggest pita job I've ever done, took about 2 hours, really thought I'd never have functioning wipers again - but completely worth it. They do not wipe as good when set to park on the passenger side as you are on the "bad side" of the wipe and the wipers aren't left there to guide the water off to the side. Instead, as soon as the wiper leaves, the water starts rolling up the windshield. Nothing too annoying and for me, it doesn't offset how much I like having the wipers out of the way. As far as you height of the passenger side park, after you reverse them to park on the passenger side, you can loosen the screw on top of the wiper arm post to adjust the park height. But it is a tradeoff... the lower they park on one side means the higher they stop wiping on the other.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-05-2003 | 11:22 PM
Deano
Instructor

Thank's for your help! This sounds optomistic.

Quick Reply: Wiper pull off / position question...