drove tt for first time

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 04:25 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drove tt for first time

Was up in Boston and drove 2 '96tts back to back. First was black and track modded and used. Second was stock except for PSS9 and S ducts.

Won't compare the 2 cars here, just an impression of the feeling of driving opne of these things...

Overall feel is very similar to my C4S. No surprise. I lke th ePSS9 more than my stock suspension, and that is really the biggest issue for me. The cars are blisteringly fast, much like that SPF Cobra I post about once in a while, but also more controlled than that car. It was hard to find space to actually get on the boost for any length of time, but the short blasts were immensely fun.

The clutch feels quite different, and I have to say I like the "manual" feeling of my clutch more, but that just may be that I am used to it. No problems at all figuring the clutch out on the tts, very easy to drive in a docile or rambunctious fashion.

Overall, basically my C4S but on those few occasions when you could open it up, with almost scary acceleration.

Is it worth it? If I were made of money, I would absolutely get one. At this point, I am considering the trade "up," but not sure yet. I was driving my C4S for an hour and a half today, and in the real world, it is fast and a whole lot of fun. If I do not go the turbo route, I am clearly upgrading my suspension. Not sure yet about the gearbox. And after the guitar amp.

Finally, after the drive, I have to say, the NA cars are pretty damn good!!
Old 10-28-2003, 10:21 AM
SLVR
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the hand of god when boost comes on and it made me a believer! :-) On my 4S I could take all the acceleration there was easily even around town, on the TT you need quite a bit of space and I am still amazed each time.
Go4it!
Old 10-28-2003, 12:06 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I did it. I was looking at the C4S's and I liked them alot
but now I look at my TT in the garage and I just stand
in awe, when its just sitting still. Here in the desert there
are plenty of places to open in up and man O man!!
In between the every 3.6 seconds that men think about
women and sex, I have one thought of my turbo too!

Quick Reply: drove tt for first time