Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSS-9 install help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003 | 11:24 AM
steve_eo
Advanced

Post PSS-9 install help!!!

My shop just called while half way into the install and said that the collar for the front sway bar mount is missing. Is that possible? I know the front is not a trivial task...but I don't know what I'm talking about either...so maybe someone out there could shed some light on me and I'll forward the advice to the shop...
If it matters the PSS-9 and RS sway bars came from Gert. I suspect everything is there...but I can't be sure.
Advice please!
-Steve
Old 06-12-2003 | 12:05 PM
steve_eo
Advanced

That makes sense now.....EXCELLENT picture...and thank you for the quick reply....I'll sent this photo to the shop...
-Steve
Old 06-12-2003 | 12:10 PM
steve_eo
Advanced

BTW Kim, do you use the original drop links or the supplied ones? Surely the supplied ones. The shop is telling me that the supplied ones are too short....I think I remember reading on some link a similar issue being raised...but I can't put my hands on that thread right now...
-Steve
Old 06-12-2003 | 12:18 PM
steve_eo
Advanced

Hmmm, I just read a thread where someone says to use the original links. The C4 kit is not supposed to include front links, implying that they are not needed. So I think I'll go with the orininal ones for now since according to the mechanic, the new ones are WAY too short to work.
Thanks again for the picture....
-Steve
Old 06-12-2003 | 01:40 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steve - you are right about using the original drop links for the front are to be re-used for the C4 and C4S. Check out Gert's site and you will see that they are not included in the kit for those models.

I'll be in your boat this winter...

-Skip
Old 06-12-2003 | 03:05 PM
steve_eo
Advanced

Ah...the universe is restored.
Gert sent me an email explaining that the kit he sells comes with four drop links. Two for the rear with original sway bar, and two for the rear with the RS sway bars. So there was some confusion about why there were four drop links...we tried to use one set for the front. As for the front, on the C4 (not the C2) you do not change the drop links...the original ones stay put.
So I just came back from the shop and everything is going nice and smooth and there are no more questions about what goes where....
Thaks to Kim and Gert for the pictures and help!
-Steve

Quick Reply: PSS-9 install help!!!