Sponsored by:

Power window help

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 10:49 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Power window help

I'm cross posting this from the 964 forum seeing as I now have a 964 and the 993 forum seems to be more active. Hopefully you guys can help. I think the 964 power windows are the same as the 993.

On my 1992 964 my passenger window won't go down. I checked and swapped out the switches and as I already knew I had one bad switch but I swapped in the good ones and the switch is not my issue here. The drivers window is fine on the drivers side. I checked power and I have power to both controls on the drivers side door. There is no power going to the switch located on the passenger door. My issue is this. I have power going to the passenger windows switch located on the drivers door and I have a good switch I checked, and still won't operate passenger window. I need to find out why I don't have power on the passenger door window switch but should I still be able to control that window with an operating switch on the drivers door? Or is the lack of power to that switch not allow the functioning switch on drivers door to operate it? So what I'm trying to ask is does power need to be on all three switches and the lack of power to the passenger side door switch not allow the drivers side to control it? I just got my car back from body shop and had some small dents and minor paintwork on drivers door and had some paint less dent removal on passengers door so they had the inside panel off. I removed the panel and everything seems ok from what I can see. I did notice in the firewall area up to the right towards the driver side mirror where all the wires pass through the firewall there are 2 wires together with a white connector at the end that aren't connected to anything. It has 2 openings to accept 2 prongs in this white connector. One wire is brown and the other is black with white stripe. Could that be my source of no power to passenger side switch? I see no other end or clip that it came undone from. And just a FYI my power mirrors are working fine on both sides. I also have no idea how one would fit their hands in this area near the firewall it's very tight. Any info would be helpful. Thanks fellas!
Chris

Quick Reply: Power window help