OK. One more post tonight

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 01:44 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking OK. One more post tonight

I have two boys, 10 & crabby13. Jake (10) and I got up early and decided to take a ride. Up until now, our rides have been confined to just running around town.

Today, we hit the on ramp to the expressway. I accelerated through second gear to the top and did some full throttle third gear and then backed off. With each change in the pitch of the intake, his blue eyes got bigger and you couldn't rub the smile off his face. He was silent for a minute after we settled in--around 70 mph. Then he said "that was awesome."

I think he's hooked.

What a great morning.

chuck
Old 10-19-2003, 02:33 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking i was eight when i first fell in love!!!

it was @ eight i had my 1st girlfriend (patricia) & my 1st ride in a green 911s!!!

i think it was then i truly bought a p-car!!!! (in my mind)

i still remember my head moving side to side @ every turn... better than a kiss from patricia------> i thought... w/ my perma-GRIN.

nice post.... all little guys should be so lucky to have a dad like you.... probably can't wait to tell mom! & best of all his friends.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:00 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Chuck,

Great post and what a luck son you have. I grew up with PCars in the family and my Dad would take me for a ride often, but it was never a RIDE! I don't think my Dad ever gunned it for me as a child, but regardless, I was hooked on the PCars as a small child.

Enjoy and keep developing the Air Cooled following...

Skip

Quick Reply: OK. One more post tonight